New Guild Motto(s) & New Guild Logo

ladytexan

Reaction score
I've been reading the recent online Guild newsletter, and it seems there are couple of new phrases being used: "When Your Music Matters" and "When Your Song Matters". Plus, there is a new modified logo - not extremely different, but a bit enough for me to notice. ;)
guildnewlogo.jpg

guildwhenthesongmatters.jpg

SouthernSounds

Reaction score
Hi Toni:

Not sure If I like the new logo or even the new Motto, but it's really nice to see that FMIC is giving to "Guild" the respect, love and interest that it deserves!

Things look good! Glad for you Guild (if that makes any sense to anyone :p :roll: :? :D )

All the best,
B.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Since my opinion will not sell any more Guilds, I'll withhold it, but the tweaks are exactly what you would expect to see as part of a new major advertising campaign built around a new endorser. That is a good thing and some folks here have been saying that Guild needs to do just that, and have been saying it for several years now. Next step is to have Guild exhibit at the Arlington Show, right? :wink:

ladytexan

Reaction score
I'm with you, B and Jamie. I think it's great that Guild is investing in new advertising and marketing programs, strong branding with new artists, and developing relationships with dealers. The new, improved website was a positive move forward, too (highlighted in a Fender press release :)). Going to any major guitar show (like NAMM and Arlington) is a good thing. ;)

chazmo

Super Moderator
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Plus, I think Guild (Fender) has actually taken trademarks out on the new logo. Not sure about the motto; possibly.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Of course, if they are going to feature the "G" in the logo, it would have been nice if they had had Doyle playing a guitar that actually had the "G" inlay. :shock:

A bit of a disconnect. :?

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I like that logo. Incorporates the headstock design, which is a plus. (IMHO)

Dave :D

Geo

Reaction score
I think it looks great with the headstock design on top,,,,, and the rooftop & G-shield logos,,,,, I guess there wasn't room for the chesterfield. :p

Anyway, looks good to me, :wink:

George

Frosty

Reaction score
I know I'm just a geezer, but the new motto sounds generic to me.
Besides, my music always matters to me... what are you trying to
say... huh?

I do like the proletariat sound of "Made to be played" - hey, it's a
tool with which to make music.

The local B&M has a sunburst F30-RCE as pictured in the Dykes
poster. Nice looking guitar!

Ridgemont

Reaction score
While the slogans seem hokey to me, I am happy to see the advertising campaign in addition to the rapid growth of Guilds lineup.

Brad Little

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Geo said:
I guess there wasn't room for the chesterfield. :p

Anyway, looks good to me, :wink:

George
For me, I've always preferred the G shield to the Chesterfield. Like the new logo a lot, maybe they'll make it available as a patch.
Brad

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I second Frosty's sentiments. But I also agree its nice that they are doing finally doing some marketing...

walrus

Ravon

Reaction score
Phew.... had me worried for a minute Toni. Thought for sure when I saw the title of this thread that Guild went and changed everything. Glad they stuck with tradition and I too like the headstock incorporated in there.

jazzmang

Reaction score
I miss the late 80's motto: "Guild - An American Tradition"

12 string

Reaction score
Guild Total
Frosty said:
...and speaking of proletariat and Guild... Utah comes to mind. May he rest in peace.

GBKW2003-06b_03.jpg

+1

' Strang

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Chazmo said:
The real question is....
Is the TRC upside down?
Yes, unfortunatelly it is! We had this discussed already earlier this year here at LTG when all press pictures of him showed him with the wrong mounted TRC. It's a shame that FMIC never fixed that and replaced the pictures...
And I wonder if Doyle ever was told how a TRC on Guilds need to be mounted. He was so many years with Taylor...

DSC_46421.jpg

Ralf