Paul is 70!

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Can you believe Paul McCartney turns 70 years old today? It's along way from the mop tops...

I must say, though, that he was certainly given a gift by some fluke of fate or genetics or whatever - his voice is still very close to the "old days". It's a pretty short list of old rockers who can still hit the notes they sang 40 or 50 years ago.

Billy Joel said that when he joined him in concert a few years ago, he was astounded that Paul was still playing the old Beatles songs in the original key - Joel had been dropping keys every few years because he could not hit the notes any more.

I'm so happy he's still playing, recording, etc. I don't know why, but he makes me feel a little younger myself.

walrus

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks for making me feel just that much older! :( But Happy Birthday to one of the greats!

Here's an old joke from the 1970's: Teenage girl overheard in a record shop; "Oh look, Paul McCartney was in a band before Wings!"

Someone else I saw a few years back who's still got it: John Kay & Steppenwolf. Blew me away, the years have been good to John. And what a sweet collection of Rickenbachers! :shock:

Frosty

Reaction score
Happy birthday Paul!

It's a pretty short list of old rockers who can still hit the notes they sang 40 or 50 years ago.

Does he still sing Maybe I'm Amazed?

"If I could sing like Paul McCartney... I'd never change"
--Bob Welch "Silver Heels"