Looking for Bob Odin

stevem5000

Reaction score
Here in St Louis, MO back in the mid 60's to late 70's we had a folk singer that performed in various bars known as Bob Odin...he referred to himself as Bodin and we did also...We don;t know if that was his real name or not...and we don't know if he is a native St Louisian or was from someplace else...
He was a constant figure on Gaslight Square, then when Frank Moskus moved to the In Exile Bar in south city...Bodin was a regular there...

Very talented, but as far as I know never recorded...he had a good local following...

Around the early 80's he disappeared...I've talked to everyone I can find and nobody knows what happened to him or where he is...we all assume he has passed....I have googled everything I can think of...but I have not searched death records as I don;t know where to start...

The reason is...he had a song which I have never heard from any other artist...Don;t know the name of the song but he played it in drop D...

The song was about the definition of "eternity"...
It was about a little bird, that every 1000 years would fly to a mountain
that is 1000 miles high and 1000 miles wide...The bird would remove one
grain of sand...this was the definition of eternity...

I have given up looking for Bodin...but I am hoping on the very remote
possibilty that maybe the description of the song is familiar to someone...

And perhaps someone can direct me to the name...or where I might find the song...or even better...maybe someone knows Bob Odin...

Thankx for your time...

poser

Reaction score
Wish I could help. I tried a quick YouTube search, but didn't get anything useful.
Have you tried Facebook? Maybe you could post something on sites for local businesses.
Good luck.