Is there only 1 Guild Guitar Book?

F30

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I was searching and it seems like there is only one book written about Guild guitars.
Is that so?
"The Guild Guitar Book".
Great book but is that it?

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
The book is The Guild Guitar book by Hans Moust. That is pretty much it and only goes through 1977. There is a book by Beesley - search the forum and you should find a link to the publisher's web site - but is basically information from catalogs and price lists with little commentary and description. It gets past 1977 so it is sometimes useful for basic specs and production periods. I've been told the Gruhn's guitar book has some good chapters on Guild but I have not looked at it. Sometimes info can be gleaned from guitar "blue books" as well. But depending on what you want to know, LTG may be your best and most reliable source.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
There will be a "The Guild Guitar Book" volume II in the hopefully not too far future. Hans had multiple times mentioned that he works on one.
Ralf

ladytexan

Reaction score
Good question, F30! :)

When I first joined LTG, I quickly learned that the most-often mentioned reference was "The Bible" - The Guild Guitar Book by Hans Moust. At that time, it was out-of-print and fairly hard to find (unless one could find a used one at a very high price). Luckily, it is in-print again and easy to get for about $30 at Amazon. As Ralf mentioned, we are all waiting patiently, if not anxiously, for Volume II. Please, Hans, give us a bit of good news that there is a target release date? :::::imploringsmile:::::

The Gruhn and Beesley books are OK, but I much prefer Hans'.

However, the best, best-ever source of all things Guild is LTG. There is someone, somewhere who owns, has owned, has played or knows about every Guild made. I'm always astonished with the info LTGers know about Guilds. Just ask. LTGers are so willing to help and provide info. :wink:

P.S. The Guilds of Grot (Kurt) is our own Guild museum curator. His collection of Guilds and memoribilia is second to none. He's the best!

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
The simple answer is "Yes"...

And hopefully soon there will be two!

walrus

Thunderface

Reaction score
IMAG5169.jpg

And there's a Chapter in Guitar Stories: The History of Cool Guitars Vol. 2 that's devoted to Guild solidbodies.

GSHistory.jpg
GSHistory2.jpg

F30

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.
I've got "forementioned but I'm glad to hear maybe a volume 2 on its' way in the future.

F30

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Thunderface said:
IMAG5169.jpg

And there's a Chapter in Guitar Stories: The History of Cool Guitars Vol. 2 that's devoted to Guild solidbodies.

GSHistory.jpg
GSHistory2.jpg

Thanks for the pic of the Ted Beesley book - it looked familiar - so I searched my shelfs and... I got it!
Great!