Isn't Today Monday

ladytexan

Reaction score
The fireworks last night were really great. Because of the droughts, this year is the first time our little Texas community was allowed to have them for a couple of years. So, the rockets red flare was seen and enjoyed by all......on a Wednesday evening....in the middle of the week. Now, I don't know about anyone else, but last night I kept thinking I needed to set the trash container out (Monday is designated trash pick-up day) and all the other things I normally do on a Monday.

I'm disoriented today. I'm off kilter a bit, feeling it's Monday on a Thurday. I need to keep thinking of Thursday things and plans for the upcoming weekend - two days from now. :shock:

I'll survive. It's a fairly quick-moving malady.

P.S. Thanks goodness, next year July 4th is on a Thursday and we'll have a nice long holiday weekend. Like it's supposed to be. ;)

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
It's definitely throwing me off...... here I am with one ear back. Once I get to work and start moving around I guess I'll move past this. 4th of July should never be on a Wednesday, smack in the middle of the week. It's just not right..... :roll:

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
I spent yesterday morning thinking "tomorrow" was Sunday and yesterday evening thinking "tomorrow" was Monday and adjusting my "ToDo" list accordingly. But, if it were Monday, there would be a Pilot in transit and there isn't yet, so...

learnintoplay62

Reaction score
Glad I'm not the only one confused :shock:
I spent the day with my son at a bbq. Swimming , horseshoes and at the end a private magnificent fireworks display. A good day was had by all.
Happy belated 4th.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
fronobulax said:
I spent yesterday morning thinking "tomorrow" was Sunday and yesterday evening thinking "tomorrow" was Monday and adjusting my "ToDo" list accordingly. But, if it were Monday, there would be a Pilot in transit and there isn't yet, so...
That's one thing about NGD's..... they keep us oriented to time and place..... right?? 8)

Scratch

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I stay disoriented, Toni!! Like Coach Ernie (Cheers) used to say: "It's a nice little break in the day" :lol: :lol:

A mid-week holiday is kinda strange; particularly if you're working, but all-in-all not a big deal considering it's our nation's birthday... :D

ladytexan

Reaction score
fronobulax said:
I know just how you feel, frono. Only double. The baritone uke and F20 Bld are to be shipped next Monday (because I didn't want to risk having either one of them sitting in a shipping storage room or truck over the weekend). Rule of thumb: always ship on a Monday. ;)

P.S. Your Pilot will be sent-out first thing Monday, July 9th. It's a beauty! :wink:

AlohaJoe

Reaction score
Just be glad you didn't fly to San Diego for the big fireworks show. :lol:

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Being retired kind of changes things. I don't so much care what day it is anymore. :lol: Steffan

rws11

Reaction score
I'm off every Wednesday, still it was still a little confusing. I too was thinking I needed to take the can to the street last night.
A slight veer, I've been on this schedule for almost ten years, and I gotta say I love it ....work two days and off. If I had to go back to five in a row, well, I shudder to think. :shock: