Brandi Carlile, some good music.

Sal

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that Tom. Yeah what a voice, she's the real deal! I don't know how she's doing around the country but she's pretty popular here in Mpls. If youtube is any indication, her song "The Story" has been watched a few times: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8pQLtHTPaI

AlohaJoe

Reaction score
As a Western Washington gal she's very popular around here too. Very cool. A good writer, quite the singer and not too hard to look at either. :roll:

Stirlander

BANNED - Spammer
Reaction score
AlohaJoe said:
As a Western Washington gal she's very popular around here too. Very cool. A good writer, quite the singer and not too hard to look at either. :roll:

Unfortunately she's lesbian. >.< (Now that's not meant to bash the LGBT community, it's just unfortunate for me. :p)

She's one of my favorites.

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
This guy at a bar makes a pass at this woman.She says she's not interested because she's a lesbian. He looks confused, and asks her "what's a lesbian?".
She says, well you see that woman at the end of the bar? I'd like to take her home and hold and kiss her all over all night.
The guy slaps his forehead as if he's in a V8 commercial, while declaring "I'm a lesbian!". :lol: Steffan

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Being gay or lesbian has very little effect on things when you're in the "looking" stage. When it progresses beyond that is when it comes into play...... :wink:

Donal

Reaction score
I discovered Brandi Carlile prolly a couple tears ago, and immediately became a fan.

Don.

idealassets

Reaction score
Tom,
Yes, Ms. Carlisle is quite proficient at the art. Go to youtube.com and type in Brandi Carlisle Austin City Limits, and you can see the concert that I lucked upon by tuning it in freshly relased some time ago.

But hold the phone LTG'ers. I can recall seeing her in an interview that Brandi was recently living "shacked up" with one of the male guitar players. But if I garner anything contrary to that i'll post it.

Regardless her full band sounds truly great, especailly with the full electrics & violin, and cello's ringing out.

A fan,
Craig

Ravon

Reaction score
taabru45 said:
This guy at a bar makes a pass at this woman.She says she's not interested because she's a lesbian. He looks confused, and asks her "what's a lesbian?".
She says, well you see that woman at the end of the bar? I'd like to take her home and hold and kiss her all over all night.
The guy slaps his forehead as if he's in a V8 commercial, while declaring "I'm a lesbian!". :lol: Steffan
:lol: :lol: :lol:

idealassets

Reaction score
Here are a few things I noticed in that concert:

1. Brandi has worn a strum hole through the finish her expensive Collings guitar.
2. The bass player has a cool bass and is pounding on it with his fist to the first song.
3. The main guitarist is playing a Martin D42, one of my favorties. (other than a Guild 12 string)
4. The foot stomping on the floor is on beat during song #1.
5. You gotta love the violin and cello, yes?
6. Check out those hats!

Craig

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
CA-35 said:
davismanLV said:
Thanks, Sal. That's a good one. I'm really liking Brandi....... thanks for the link. :D

Thomas if you like Brandi's voice give this a listen; Jonatha Brooke of "The Story"

Enjoy :D :D

http://youtu.be/9iC8ChkLuow
http://youtu.be/MMjhMeZUKPw
Awwwww, C'mon Scott!! You already KNOW how huge a Jonatha Brooke fan I am. I went out and got the Angel In The House CD on your recommendation!! She's amazing. So Much Mine is one of the best songs ever..... 8) That's a beautiful Olson guitar she's playing in Keep The River On The Right. I like Brandi Carlile too.....

CA-35

Reaction score
davismanLV said:
CA-35 said:
davismanLV said:
Thanks, Sal. That's a good one. I'm really liking Brandi....... thanks for the link. :D
Thomas if you like Brandi's voice give this a listen; Jonatha Brooke of "The Story"
Enjoy :D :D
http://youtu.be/9iC8ChkLuow
http://youtu.be/MMjhMeZUKPw
Awwwww, C'mon Scott!! You already KNOW how huge a Jonatha Brooke fan I am. I went out and got the Angel In The House CD on your recommendation!! She's amazing. So Much Mine is one of the best songs ever..... 8) That's a beautiful Olson guitar she's playing in Keep The River On The Right. I like Brandi Carlile too.....

You are right...I forgot that I sent you all that stuff from The World Cafe Live. Oh well, twice is nice! :lol: