Summer in the Northwest

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Fourth of July usually signals the beginning of summer up here in the Fourth Corner.
We have lots of water to deal with, both fresh and salt, so we do our best to get out there as often as we can!

clmsmc.jpg

Cindy, stroking along the shoreline of the Salish Sea.

This will continue into October, when I have to start wearing long pants again! :wink:

Joe

CA-35

Reaction score
killdeer43 said:
Fourth of July usually signals the beginning of summer up here in the Fourth Corner.
We have lots of water to deal with, both fresh and salt, so we do our best to get out there as often as we can! Joe

So do you prefer the salt or the fresh? :D :D

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
CA-35 said:
killdeer43 said:
We have lots of water to deal with, both fresh and salt, so we do our best to get out there as often as we can! Joe

So do you prefer the salt or the fresh? :D :D
Tough call, Scott, but I'll have to lean in favor of the salt. I've always been fascinated by tides and the fact that you have to pay attention out on the salt to little things like rip currents, etc.
Of course, the birds and other incredible/often unseen critters play a big part, too.

Now check back with me later and I'll expound on my love for fresh water, esp. mountain streams and waterfalls, high country lakes, etc., etc.

I moved here over 35 years ago and part of the reason was the proximity of glacier-clad mountains and salt water and that they were both easily accessible. It's pretty special to have so many choices close at hand at all times! Ski or snowboard in the morning and sail in the afternoon! :wink:

Joe

CA-35

Reaction score
Hey Joe next time you hunger for excitement try Ramree Island, I hear there are just a few (million) of those salt water crocs there. :shock:

It was a real paradise back in February of '45.

474px-Kakadu_2430.jpg

AlohaJoe

Reaction score
I may have to print that sign and stick it up at the local pool. :lol: