Did Guild Ever Have an 'Autumn Burst' Finish?

Ravon

Reaction score
  • Does the 'AB' written on the sticker of my 1996 Guild X170 Manhattan AB stand for 'Autumn Burst' or 'Antique Burst'? Was it ever a catalogued color? I've heard it called both here on LTG. Thanks
  • 077.jpg
  • 074.jpg

markus

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
AB could mean "absolutely beautiful" here … :shock:
Markus :D

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
"Awesome Burst" would fit for that one! Wow.

Dave :D

Ravon

Reaction score
Thanks all. How about the '96 catalogue, anyone have that one? I saw a '96 catalogue on ebay not long ago and could kick myself for not buying it *Edit* Sorry, It was 'Autumn Burst' that wasn't listed on the LTG FAQ Lingo

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Ravon said:
Thanks all. How about the '96 catalogue, anyone have that one? I saw a '96 catalogue on ebay not long ago and could kick myself for not buying it *Edit* Sorry, It was 'Autumn Burst' that wasn't listed on the LTG FAQ Lingo
In fact I do have a '96 catalog but it doesn't break out the available finishes like the first Guild Gallery. I suspect they were only shown on the price list at that time.
Also< I can't recall ever hearing of an "Autumn Burst", I suspect some internet seller made it up (you know how those guys are) and we're never gonna be able to undo the damage. :twisted: :lol:
I can recall: Antique, Tobacco, Cherry and Iced Tea for sunburst options.
The first 3 are all shown as electric guitar finish colors in that '97 Gallery.
On pg 21 of that same Guild Gallery is a pic of the Custom shop Valencia described simply as "the sunburst Valencia features...." (it's a re-visit of the classic '50's F40)

Treem

Reaction score
Guild Total
AB= AWESOME BURST! :mrgreen:

Ravon

Reaction score
Awesome avatar Treem :D ! Thanks for the info Al. To me she'll always be an 'Autumn' and I'll keep finding reasons to show'er off here!

Ridgemont

Reaction score
I love the burst on Guild maple guitars. The added burst on the neck and the back is fantastic and this one is no exception. Don't drop it. :wink: