Guild Dealer Spotlight Guild ID Question!

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Strange indeed! Good question!
The pickguard looks not like Guild at all but the headstock seems to read Guild!

ash2.jpg

Ralf

CA-35

Reaction score
ash2.jpg

Ok, maybe it's me, or the way it appears on my screen, but is that shine on the right hand side edge from an abalone inlay? Maybe the rosette too? Looks like a nice jumbo to me.

What is Sammy holding? An F-50R or JF55?

poser

Reaction score
That does look like abalone around the top binding and in the rosette. It has a chesterfield logo in the headstock, pearl dot inlays and the "cloud" bridge. I can't make out the style of the truss rod cover.

Beats me. :?

learnintoplay62

Reaction score
Sammy says that they stock Guilds but haven't seen them yet at the store near me. Maybe it is something that they worked out recently :)

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm going to say it's a custom shop F-30.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
FNG said:
I'm going to say it's a custom shop F-30.

I say too big to be an F-30 although I don't have a better suggestion.

Since the thing that seems to be throwing people off is the pick guard, what model would it be if the pick guard is not original?

poser

Reaction score
OK. For those of us still puzzling over which Guild this is, here's a rather pixilated enlargement of the guitar:

SamAshGuild.png

It looks like it has the "snakehead" shaped headstock. If that's correct, it means it won't be in Hans' book, right?

jcwu

Reaction score
poser said:
OK. For those of us still puzzling over which Guild this is, here's a rather pixilated enlargement of the guitar:

Shouldn't you just use the "enhance" button that all those crime show guys seem to have? :mrgreen:

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
FNG said:
Hans! A little help here!

Don't know if you have seen this thread..any idea on what the guitar on the right is???

Sorry guys, but with a photo like that I can only guess as to what I'm looking at.

I believe that I'm looking at a somewhat distorted (because of the lens that was used) F-30 body or maybe a 'Valencia' style body. The very few details that I can see makes me think it's one of the Nashville Custom Shop jobs from the late '90s / early 2000s.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
http://www.guitarsgalore.nl

poser

Reaction score
jcwu said:
poser said:

Shouldn't you just use the "enhance" button that all those crime show guys seem to have? :mrgreen:

I wish I had an "enhance" button that would work on something other than pictures.

(My guitar playing ability would be one thing that could use a big enhancement). :lol:

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
poser said:
jcwu said:
poser said:

I wish I had an "enhance" button that would work on something other than pictures.

(My guitar playing ability would be one thing that could use a big enhancement). :lol:

Go here.

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
hansmoust said:
FNG said:
Hans! A little help here!

Don't know if you have seen this thread..any idea on what the guitar on the right is???

Sorry guys, but with a photo like that I can only guess as to what I'm looking at.

I believe that I'm looking at a somewhat distorted (because of the lens that was used) F-30 body or maybe a 'Valencia' style body. The very few details that I can see makes me think it's one of the Nashville Custom Shop jobs from the late '90s / early 2000s.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
http://www.guitarsgalore.nl

Thanks as always, Hans! 8)

CA-35

Reaction score
killdeer43 said:
Someone needs to contact Sam Ash to get to the bottom of this dilemma. I'll just bet that he knows. :wink:Joe

Thanks for steppin up Joe.........let us know what he tells ya :lol: :D :p !

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
killdeer43 said:
Someone needs to contact Sam Ash to get to the bottom of this dilemma. I'll just bet that he knows. :wink:
Joe
Sammy Ash was very fast to respond! He knows how to please customers! :D (He can actually read this here.)
Sure, Hans was spot on! Here is what Sammy told me (and gave his permission to post it):
"...Yes it is a Nashville Guild and most people didn't even know they existed....It is a wonderful instrument ... and sounds like a cannon. The neck is very interesting in that I find it easy to play finger style as well as chords and solo's. I have had many compliments on it over the years. I saw it at a NAMM show on display and was drawn to it. I bought it on the spot (well they took it off display and shipped it and billed me after). I have even shown it to some of the Fender/Guild guys and they never even knew they existed. This was an experiment with the then CEO and old friend Bill Shultz when he acquired the name from US Musical... I do not sell or trade my guitars. They all have some personal attachment to me. ..."
So, I think that ID question is answered as good as possible for us now :D
Ralf