No more Richie havens concerts

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
What privilege to have seen Richie Havens perform live. Looks like his health isn't that great after kidney surgery a year ago... Huge influence on me and my 'spirit'. He's 71 but somehow timeless..a rude and sad shock indeed. Steffan

tjmangum

Reaction score
The first real concert I went to was to see Richie in Columbia, Maryland in 1972. Thousands of people there. Then I saw him about 10 years later at small club in Salem, Oregon. Amazing, regardless of the venue. Sorry to hear his health is fading. Every now and then I check his web site to see if he's coming out west.
T

southernGuild

Reaction score
South of South Sydney, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA
I too have a great deal of admiration and respect for this wonderful man. He's just a beautiful person, and a fine musical 'elder'. I sure hope his health improves. His music, and its messages are so profuond and far reaching, that I am still absorbing much of it's meaning. He's given us so much, and yet, I know he has much more to give.
He'll be in my thoughts. Moreso now.

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I've been a big fan of Richie's music for years and I still think that his version of Just Like a Woman is the best.

If you like Richie and the way he manipulates his Guilds, you owe it to yourself to pick up a copy of The Guitar Style of Richie Havens. It's a very well done DVD and you can almost feel Richie in the room with you.

Be well, Richie! :wink:

Joe

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Damn. I'm really sorry to hear this. I know he visited and played in New Hartford last year... I guess I'll never have the chance to see him play. I'm kicking myself and wishing the best to Richie!

markus

Reaction score
Guild Total
I would have loved to see him. :(
His version of "license to kill" is among my top 10 YouTube videos for sure!
Best wishes and many more years to him!
Markus :D