COME FIREWALK WITH ME

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
More news of the weird, from my hometown paper, replete with all typos which are a hallmark of today's journalism standards :

San Jose: 21 people treated for burns after firewalk at Tony Robbins appearance
By Mark Gomez

Posted: 07/20/2012 07:58:00 AM PDT
July 20, 2012 8:37 PM GMTUpdated: 07/20/2012 01:37:16 PM PDT

SAN JOSE -- At least 21 people were treated for burn injuries after participating in a firewalk Thursday night at a Tony Robbins event in downtown, including at least three individuals who were taken to the hospital, according to a San Jose fire captain.

The people who suffered various second- and third-degree burn injuries had attended a Tony Robbins event at the San Jose Convention Center called Unleash the Power Within. Following the event, which ended at about 11 p.m., the crowd walked across the street to the park where 12 lanes of hot coals measuring 10-feet long and 2 1/2 feet wide rested on the grass.

About 6,000 people attended the seminar. It took about 90 minutes for people to walk across the coals. It is not know how many of the people who attended the conference took part in the firewalk.

San Jose Fire Capt. Reggie Williams said the event organizers had emergency personnel on standby and they treated 21 people at the scene. Firefighters responded to 911 calls for three of the people who suffered more serious burns, Williams said.

Later in the night, firefighters responded to more 911 calls from people in area hotels who had suffered burn injuries. Williams did not know how many of those people had already been treated.

Event organized obtained an open fire permit from the San Jose Fire Department, Williams said. A fire inspector from the department was at the event to make sure there was no accidental fire.

On the Tony Robbins' Website he promotes "The Firewalk Experience," a process where people walk across coals between 1,200 and 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit.

But that's not something the San Jose Fire Department recommends.

"We discourage people from walking over hot coals," Williams said.

Well alrighty then.
6000 people?
And you wonder why I call it "Sillycon Valley"
In fact I was thinkin' about goin' myself but I just couldn't muster up the motivation.....

Ravon

Reaction score
I never thought anyone deserves 2nd and 3rd degree burns....until now :roll: :twisted: And I'm guessing they paid to do it :lol: !

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Ravon said:
I never thought anyone deserves 2nd and 3rd degree burns....until now :roll: :twisted: And I'm guessing they paid to do it :lol: !
My ex-step-mom (I know, too many hyphens....) spends BOATLOADS of money on Tony Robbins. Mostly what he motivates her to do is give him her money. And now she's broke.

You just have to laugh..... jeeze. :roll:

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
"We discourage people from walking over hot coals," Williams said.

:lol: :lol:

poser

Reaction score
I'm surprised nobody said to him, "OK. You first."

Well, no , I'm not surprised. :roll: