My good looking neighbor

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
This is how she looks in late July. :wink:

mtbakernorthfacec.jpg

Mt. Baker, WA, 10,780'

This is the northernmost Cascades volcano, visible from almost anyplace in northwest Washington and lower British Columbia.
An easy Sunday drive puts you in great position for really good looks! :D

Joe

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I can see it from where I live as well, but gee,when I read the header I thought he was talking about me. Uh huh, uh huh. :wink:

Geo

Reaction score
I get cold just looking at that picture Joe,,,, but it sure is beautiful scenery. :wink:

George

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
It was cold, George, and it's been much colder, but a beautiful January day, nonetheless. The Snowy Owls in the foreground were the big attraction and just a couple of the 36 that I found that day.

We're all about beautiful scenery up here! :wink:

Joe

AlohaJoe

Reaction score
Mt. Baker has a lot of neighbors... here's how she looked about this time last year looking NE from Fort Worden in Port Townsend.

ptmtbaker.jpg

AlohaJoe

Reaction score
killdeer43 said:
Up close and personal on a hot day, you can hear the glaciers grinding! :D Joe
I'm not sure that's a sound I'd want to hear coming from uphill. :lol:

John, that's exactly what we were doing earlier that day... it was during the Country Blues Workshop & Festival in Port Townsend. It looks fairly quiet in the picture... must have been dinner time! Here's Terry Bean leading a fairly big jam on the back porch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H38qkL4R3Cc
- Joe W.

southernGuild

Reaction score
South of South Sydney, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA
AlohaJoe said:
Here's Terry Bean leading a fairly big jam on the back porch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H38qkL4R3Cc
- Joe W.
Wow Joe! That is one serious back porch jam! It would have been great to be part of that, with those talented folks. No wonder you plan to go there each year. That kinda stuff, and at that location, looks to be good for the soul. I enjoyed just watching it. :D
Thanks Mate.

southernGuild

Reaction score
Well, Since we're talkin' Picnic....and I can see a mountain....It calls to mind,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1roDK4949kg
"Talkin Bear Mountain Picnic".........Talk about a fun song to play! Even at Picnics! Another Great one from Early Bob. If you have'nt heard this one, check it out. :lol: A tale about a Picnic gone a long way wrong!
Some extremly nicely composed, artsy, unusual and interesting photos of Bob in this video too. Well worth the admission price.
Enjoy. ........."Yippie!"

"Well, it don't seem to me quite? so funny
What some people are gonna do f'r money.
There's a bran' new gimmick every day
Just t' take somebody's money away.
I think we oughta take some o' these people
put 'em on a boat, send 'em up to Bear Mountain . . .
For a picnic."

southernGuild

Reaction score
Glad you liked it Joe. It's one of Dylans funniest songs.( For me at least). And, apparently 'some truth' to it.....in a silly roundabout way.
He's something from a Dylan site.
...on June 19, 1961, Stookey sat in the Gaslight reading the New York Herald Tribune, which contained an article about a Father's Day boat cruise up the Hudson River to Bear Mountain that had gone awry due to counterfeit tickets and overcrowding. Stookey showed the story to a recent acquaintance, a 20­year­old singer named Bobby Dylan who had arrived in New York from Minnesota the previous winter. "I remember handing him an article on the Bear Mountain thing," Stookey said, "and he brought a song back the next day. Astounding." The song was "Talkin' Bear Mountain Picnic Disaster Blues," which Dylan wrote in the style of his idol, Woody Guthrie. Dylan was not at that point known as a songwriter, which made the composition all the more surprising.
Hmmmmm. :roll:

CA-35

Reaction score
killdeer43 said:
This is how she looks in late July. :wink:Joe

I refer to my guitars as female. Most sailors refer to their vessels as female. I have a few male friends who want to be female but that is another forum..... :lol: :p

I've never heard a mountain referred to as female. :shock: :shock:

Somehow Mt. Everest just lost some of HER appeal. :lol: :lol: :wink:

"The Eiger Sanction" will from now on be referred to as "The Ethel Sanction"

Great shot Joe, just change the gender reference to protect the innocent within earshot. :lol:

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
CA-35 said:
killdeer43 said:
Great shot Joe, just change the gender reference to protect the innocent within earshot. :lol:
OK, will do. Perhaps I was waxing romantic, but how do we handle this shot. :shock:

finnofthenorthfork061.jpg

Twin Sisters Range, WA

These mountains are between town and Mt. Baker.

Joe

CA-35

Reaction score
killdeer43 said:
CA-35 said:
killdeer43 said:
OK, will do. Perhaps I was waxing romantic, but how do we handle this shot. :shock:
finnofthenorthfork061.jpg

Twin Sisters Range, WA
These mountains are between town and Mt. Baker. Joe

A range is acceptable. However I have Rand-McNally on the phone....we'll just see about that! :lol: :lol: