griehund

Reaction score
Ok this is wicked important.

Best restaurant in Worcester is?????

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
That depends how much you want to spend!! For Italian food, Dino's off of Plantation Street is excellent - its on Lord St. Also, right over the Rt. 9 bridge into Shrewsbury is Jimmy's, another great restaurant.

On Shrewsbury St. in Worcester there are a lot of great restaurants - its basically a street of restaurants one after the other. Via, Chop House, Flying Rhino, etc. - all great!

Parking on Shrewsbury Street and walking to check out a few might be fun - there are plenty within walking distance.

walrus

griehund

Reaction score
walrus said:
That depends how much you want to spend!! For Italian food, Dino's off of Plantation Street is excellent - its on Lord St. Also, right over the Rt. 9 bridge into Shrewsbury is Jimmy's, another great restaurant.

On Shrewsbury St. in Worcester there are a lot of great restaurants - its basically a street of restaurants one after the other. Via, Chop House, Flying Rhino, etc. - all great!

Parking on Shrewsbury Street and walking to check out a few might be fun - there are plenty within walking distance.

walrus

Dang, that's what I'm talkin about. Got righteous Worcester peeps. :) :) :)

Bill Ashton

Reaction score
Guild Total
Coney Island Hot Dogs...finest kind, none better! And don't forget a mug of the baked beans :)

And our favorite Central Massachusetts music store is right next door...

"Dogs and guitars," now thats what I'm talkin' 'bout... :wink:

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sole Proprietor and 111 Chop House. Both under the same ownership. Both excellent restaurants.

Enjoy your dinner up here. Give a shout if you'd like to grab a brew, Cliff! As Bill mentioned, Coney Island Hot Dogs is fun for that, but the real beauty is that it's next door to Union Music.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
dapmdave said:
What's a Worcester? :lol: :lol:

Dave :D

images

plus or minus a few letters...

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Bill Ashton said:
Fort the uninitiated that is "Wista," and not Wor-cester :wink:

You guys up there have pretty much eschewed the letter "R", haven't you? :lol: :wink:

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dave, it's bizarre. Bill is 100% right... "Worcester" is pronounced "Wistah". And then the R thing.... It depends on what town in Massachusetts you're from. In the town of Clinton, the word "father" is pronounced "farther". The word "aunt" is pronounced "arnt."

There's more crazyness. Out west of Worcester, in the towns of Barre ("Barry") or Leicester ("Lester"), the word "potato" is pronounced "badayda".

I'm not kidding. It's definitely it's own world out here. What you here about Boston and dropped Rs is not the same throughout the state.

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Chazmo said:
Dave, it's bizarre. Bill is 100% right... "Worcester" is pronounced "Wistah". And then the R thing.... It depends on what town in Massachusetts you're from. In the town of Clinton, the word "father" is pronounced "farther". The word "aunt" is pronounced "arnt."

There's more crazyness. Out west of Worcester, in the towns of Barre ("Barry") or Leicester ("Lester"), the word "potato" is pronounced "badayda".

I'm not kidding. It's definitely it's own world out here. What you here about Boston and dropped Rs is not the same throughout the state.

Well, it's fun to kid you, chaz. But in reality, I'm pretty familiar with it. My Mother's side of the family was from Springfield, and later lived near Taunton. Used to have a lot of family in Fall River and New Bedford. They were all a bunch of French Canadians, but mostly all gone now.

I heard "pudayda" all my life.

markus

Reaction score
Guild Total
Bill Ashton said:
Coney Island Hot Dogs...finest kind, none better! And don't forget a mug of the baked beans :)

And our favorite Central Massachusetts music store is right next door...

"Dogs and guitars," now thats what I'm talkin' 'bout... :wink:
+1 :mrgreen:
Markus :D

Brad Little

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Chazmo said:
Out west of Worcester, in the towns of Barre ("Barry") or Leicester ("Lester"), the word "potato" is pronounced "badayda".
Way west, too. My late brother-in-law was from Burlington (VT not MA) and he said "badayda." Of course, what outsider has never been confused by "tawnic."
Brad

griehund

Reaction score
dapmdave said:
Bill Ashton said:

You guys up there have pretty much eschewed the letter "R", haven't you? :lol: :wink:

We tend to enunciate our Rs with great pleasure. Its like aaaahhhh. :lol:

griehund

Reaction score
Bill Ashton said:

In Western Mass its Wousta, like shoulda, coulda, Wousta. :)

griehund

Reaction score
griehund said:
Ok this is wicked important.

Best restaurant in Worcester is?????

The fellow who was asking is the director of our Boston division. He ended up at O'Connor's. BTW, I heard there was rolla-derby in Aubin. :?:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
O'Connor's is in the next town over (West Boylston) but it is a great restaurant - "Irish Pub" style with a great diverse menu - I hope he enjoyed it!

I assume you mean roller derby in "Auburn", another town next to Worcester going west.

walrus