Heat in the Northwest

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
The last two days have been record-breakers here. We're not used to hot weather and don't know how the rest of you handle it. :shock:

But I did find a place to escape for today....
001enz.jpg

....and we're back into the low 70s tomorrow, so life will return to normal. :D

Be cool,
Joe

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
davismanLV said:
So, Joe..... how hot was it? What's HOT to you up there?
It was 84 today, as well as yesterday, but I handled it differently yesterday. No A/C but lots of water around so suffering is not an option.

003vwm.jpg

My personal cut-off is 72 and then I actively seek shade/relief. 8)

Joe

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
That's about 20 degrees less than Tom country. You wouldn't be at all comfortable in those temps Joe. Tom has a lot more endurance in the heat than either of us.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
The A/C hasn't been turned off since late May. My power bill was almost $400 last month. I can't wait until fall and winter...... :wink:

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
davismanLV said:
The A/C hasn't been turned off since late May. My power bill was almost $400 last month. I can't wait until fall and winter...... :wink:
Neighborhoods are quiet around here because very few folks have A/C. And I feel your pain with that power bill. Yikes! :shock:

My mantra in August is....OCTOBER!
I've admittedly become pretty spoiled living here for 35 years +.
Heat is a nice place to visit but I don't want to be friends with it. :lol:

Keep it cool Tom,
Joe

Pike

Reaction score
Ahhhh, Willamette Valley Oregon summertime, long clear days, mid 80's this weekend, grandkids & pup swimming at the river, eating tons of watermellon, doesn't get any better...

Ridgemont

Reaction score
I really hate the summers in hot country. Our electric bill is outrageous as well. The winter is so much more affordable. Today will be 101 but lowered humidity at 44%.

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Thunderface said:
I want to escape to that place. What a cool photo.
Thanks.
This creek drops 300' in a 3 mile run from a cold, deep lake to the downtown waterfront. It's filled with numerous scenes like this one all the way through a 242 acre city park that's been part of the landscape since the early 1900s.
The owls like it, too. That spot is just downstream from the place where they perch and wait for crayfish and small trout. And, of course, I wait there, too! :wink:

Stay cool,
Joe

Bikerdoc

Reaction score
Gypsy and I have been wanting to make our way to the Northwest but the triple digit temps along the way is keeping us home. I've never been there except on my return trip from Nam. And Ft. Lewis wasn't all that, ya know? :? Younger days I would have pushed forward. Not anymore. I can do triple digit temps in Ohio. As the weather is changing some we may still make it some where west.

Peace

poser

Reaction score

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Bikerdoc said:
......been wanting to make our way to the Northwest but the triple digit temps along the way is keeping us home. I've never been there except on my return trip from Nam. And Ft. Lewis wasn't all that, ya know? :? .........

Peace

Ahh, Ft Lewis, ....brings back memories of Basic training & 19 months later processed out, it's now called Joint base Lewis / McCord. It's a huge base & quite the busy place, we now live approx 5 miles S of the base & some days hear the artillery range from the house.

By & large Summers here in the NW are a secret, rarely discussed with outsiders, Hawaii weather, you see. Things do dry out a bit when temps hang in the high 80's & 90's, yesterday I hauled water (250 gallons) to irrigate new landscape plantings in a couple common areas with no municipal water available.