Feedback Busters

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
When playing my acoustic/electric guitars in a higher volume setting, I use a rubber feedback buster plug in the soundhole. They're cheap and effective. They all seem to be made for a 4 inch soundhole, but my D-40 (from New Hartford) has a slightly smaller hole. About 3 7/8 inches. Just smaller enough that the plug won't fit.

Other Guilds that I have are 4 inches.

Has anybody else run into this? Anybody know where to find slightly smaller feedback buster?

Dave :D

evenkeel

Silver Supporting
Reaction score
My F212 has a slightly smaller sound hole. After hacking away at a rubber Feedback buster I threw in the towel and had a custom built one made.

http://www.lutehole.com/

To much money, but it fits, works and does look nice.

Zelja

Reaction score
evenkeel said:
My F212 has a slightly smaller sound hole. After hacking away at a rubber Feedback buster I threw in the towel and had a custom built one made.

http://www.lutehole.com/

To much money, but it fits, works and does look nice.
Do these work as well in eliminating feedback as the rubber ones (that would be good)? Do they dampen the normal acoustic sound as much (that would be bad)?

I just love the look of these & am temped just for aesthetic purposes.

evenkeel

Silver Supporting
Reaction score
Zelja said:
Do these work as well in eliminating feedback as the rubber ones (that would be good)? Do they dampen the normal acoustic sound as much (that would be bad)? I just love the look of these & am temped just for aesthetic purposes.

Mine works great for eliminating feedback, but I had them make it with just a solid piece of wood. Since it has no no fancy cut outs, it does dampen the acoustic sound. The Lutehole people make various models with more or less feedback control. The ones that have more cutouts have less feedback control, but also have little to no impact on the acoustic tone.