Tropical Storm Issac

ladytexan

Reaction score
Wishing all LTGers in the path of Tropical Storm Isaac the best in weathering the storm. Let us know how you're doing.

scaled.php

Edited to correct that Isaac is a Tropical Storm (not a hurricane). :oops: Sorry.

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Re: Hurricane Issac

Thanks for the thoughts Toni.
According to the latest tracks, Charlie is the most exposed (as usual in his neck of the woods) and according to his report here:
charliea said:
bluesypicky said:
Speaking of windy city, how's Isaac been treating you so far Charlie?.....
It's been real quiet, but we're just now getting a good feeder band. Sideways rain. Outhouses and cows flying through the air. Actually looks like a storm. We don't really worry too much about a cat 1. Cleans the streets nicely, though, and gets some of the vagrants out of the mangroves. We'd be happy to buy them tickets to that other windy city, but they don't want to go!

Things don't seem too bad so far.
I've felt a few good wind gusts and some of that horizontal rain he was referring to a little while ago, but nothing even remotely close to a tropical storm so far, to my delight.... I'm ready tho if it gets a bit hairier: everything that could take off has been picked up and stored away, and the shed strapped to its anchors with the big truck straps.
Think we're looking okay here on the East Coast, and hopefully, so will the West Coast, looking at your track update.....

kitniyatran

Reaction score
Rain, rain, rain, all day, some mostly drizzle, I don't think any of it here has been real hard yet, I haven't noticed any unusual wind, yet. Should be passing close by in the Gulf between this evening & tomorrow morning. Church got canceled today, all over town, & work canceled tomorrow, but today, so far, I don't think canceling was justified.

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Just breezy here, with showers. The main threat is tornadoes tonight as Isaac passes by to the west.

Dave :D

charliea

Reaction score
We're out of the woods down here at the end of the road. Never got much weather, at all. Bluesypicky up in Jupiter probably got more rain than we did, and the thing went right over us. If I lived around Mobile or Biloxi, though, I might be looking for higher ground to park the car (and my posterior) on.

poser

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be great if Issac stayed as a tropical storm, veered a bit to the west and brought some rain to western Texas.

ladytexan

Reaction score
poser said:
Wouldn't it be great if Issac stayed as a tropical storm, veered a bit to the west and brought some rain to western Texas.
Oh, poser, that would indeed be a wonderful event. There have been a few tropical storms that have meandered up from Mexico, but nothing that sustained a consistent, gentle rainfall for 45 days (that's what the meterologists are predicting we need to get out of our current drought) - gosh, we need more than Noah's flood! :shock:

So glad to hear everything wasn't quite as traumatic in Florida as predicted, and as of now, everyone is doing fine.