Guild Sighting: Smithereens

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
You local PBS station is currently airing an episode of Infinity Hall Live featuring the Smithereens. On a guitar stand through the show, and used on one number is:

Smithereens2.jpg

Not quite sure how I overlooked these guys all these years - probably too busy listening to wooden music and glam rock.

More info here: http://officialsmithereens.com/2971/smi ... public-tv/

Zelja

Reaction score
I love The Smithereens & have the first 3 albums on vinyl. Great guitar based power pop/rock outfit.

Pat Dinizio has certainly bulked up from his younger days! Last I heard he was doing lounge room shows, where people could hire him & he would come & play at your house party. Cool idea!

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Nice catch! I saw a part of that show while flipping channels, the Smithereens are great! I didn't know it was them at first (as mentioned, some weight gain happening there!), but once I took in their unique sound, it was obvious they could still rock!

Their cover albums of "Meet the Beatles" and "B-Sides of the Beatles" are excellent!

walrus

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
gjmalcyon said:
You local PBS station is currently airing an episode of Infinity Hall Live featuring the Smithereens. On a guitar stand through the show, and used on one number is:
Smithereens2.jpg
Why, I still have a couple of Smithereens cassettes myself. (Note to young newbies: If you don't know what a cassette is please don't ask.. :lol: )
That 'pears to be Richie Havens D40 just like mine, right down to the mismatched (darker) upper pickguard. :lol: