Reaction score
Or maybe you could title your post,

"Things that make you hum." :D

griehund

Reaction score
poser said:
Or maybe you could title your post,

"Things that make you hum." :D

I was going to title it "things they cut out of public school education systems" but thought that was too controversial. :roll:

poser

Reaction score
My wife, a retired public school music teacher, used to point out that after 9/11 people found it hard to express their feelings with words. But they found great comfort in singing communally, most often it was the song, "God Bless America".

"And where did they learn that song?", she would ask, "Most likely, it was in their public school music class". :!:

griehund

Reaction score
poser said:
My wife, a retired public school music teacher, used to point out that after 9/11 people found it hard to express their feelings with words. But they found great comfort in singing communally, most often it was the song, "God Bless America".

"And where did they learn that song?", she would ask, "Most likely, it was in their public school music class". :!:

Math, history, language, reading, science, everybody learns differently. I stink at math but I can learn it if it used in practical methods. What if all those subjects were taught within the structure of music for students that need it? Things that make you wonder. :?:

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
griehund said:
Math, history, language, reading, science, everybody learns differently. I stink at math but I can learn it if it used in practical methods. What if all those subjects were taught within the structure of music for students that need it? Things that make you wonder. :?:

I also stink at math, but I remember seeing a show long long ago, that linked everything, but particularly music, to math.... it was captivating.
As you point out, different results will be achieved according to the learning methods used tho. Guess I didn't care much for the learning methods for math in my high school! :lol:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
bluesypicky said:
I also stink at math, but I remember seeing a show long long ago, that linked everything, but particularly music, to math.... it was captivating.
Well, for one thing, math is not a "blues" science. Language is a "blues" science, however:
"I woke up wth the blues today, whatever shall I do?
My lady took my shoes away, and left me with the flu"-
"Whiteboy" McKay
:D