Guild e-news

griehund

Reaction score
I have tried on a couple occasions to sign up for Guild's e-newsletter. Each time I submit my info I get an error message that says "no musical ability ID provided". Anybody know what's up with that?

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
No idea... but I get their e-newsletter (never signed up) and I don't have any musical ability! My problem is my IP's spam filter usually kicks it into my spam folder, which I only see if I log into my web mail (normally I use a "POP" client to download my e-mail). So I sometimes miss the Guild news.

I wonder if they would let Don post links to their newsletter here on LTG somewhere?

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I just tried it, and had no trouble. No questions about ability.

Do they know you already, Grie? :lol:

geoguy

Reaction score
Huh . . . griehund & I must be similarly untalented . . . I just got the same error message when trying to sign up for Guild's "community", whatever that is. Newsletter signup went ok.

I think the error occurred because my name & email was already registered with Guild (possibly from attending LMG1, or from a guitar purchase). Quickly resolved by responding to an automatically-generated email.

So yes, they may know you already, griehund. Check your email inbox & spam folder.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
geoguy said:
Huh . . . griehund & I must be similarly untalented . . . I just got the same error message when trying to sign up for Guild's "community", whatever that is. Newsletter signup went ok.
Now, I didn't sign up for the community part, just the newsletter, which is where Griehund went astray. Or was it the community, Grie?

griehund

Reaction score
AcornHouse said:
geoguy said:
Now, I didn't sign up for the community part, just the newsletter, which is where Griehund went astray. Or was it the community, Grie?

Ok so I got a response for the e-news but when I tried to make a profile to join the community, they said my username was already in use and I did not have the correct password. They then directed me to change my PW which I did. They then said an email had been sent to verify my new password but I have not received same. So, to make a short story long, the saga continues. Since it's not a life or death situation, I'll give it another day or two and then see if I can call Lily Tomlin. :lol:

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
griehund said:
when I tried to make a profile to join the community, they said my username was already in use

You just identified the problem. The user name you want to use to join the community belongs to someone else. Pick another user name or don't join the community.

There are fronobulaxes out there that I know nothing about :)