N.S.D.

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
What?

It's a "New Synth Day"...

3684_7479_large.jpg

I've always loved to tinker around with synths, especially good ones. The Yamaha SY77 is an old-timer, but was one of the best FM synthesis (think DX-7) units ever made.

Dave :D

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Nice!

Get down tonight!

"Dapmdave and the Sunshine Band"!!

walrus

ladytexan

Reaction score

zulu

Reaction score
Guild Total
Cool. 8)

I've got a Juno 106.

"Breeeeeeoooooooowwwwupwupwupwupwupwupwupwupssssshshhhhheeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooo"

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Wow! Juno 106, D50, DX7..... you guys are old! :lol:
So am I though... I was a sales rep for Yamaha when the DX7 came out in 1984. One of the biggest revolutions in sound synthesis with the early digital technology and the famous "algorythms", my job was to apologize to dealers for not being able to deliver in par with orders...
Have fun Dave! Hopefully it's easier to use than the DX7 was because it was a big pain to make a sound with that thing, but the potential was huge.

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
bluesypicky said:
Wow! Juno 106, D50, DX7..... you guys are old! :lol:
So am I though... I was a sales rep for Yamaha when the DX7 came out in 1984. One of the biggest revolutions in sound synthesis with the early digital technology and the famous "algorythms", my job was to apologize to dealers for not being able to deliver in par with orders...
Have fun Dave! Hopefully it's easier to use than the DX7 was because it was a big pain to make a sound with that thing, but the potential was huge.

Creating an FM patch from nothing is just about impossible (for me, at least) but luckily there are lots of good ones already in there, and mine came with a few floppy ( :shock: ) disks that contain additional patches. And, you can still buy more online.

Dave :D