NGD

Reaction score
I know it's not a Guild but last weekend at a swap meet I bought an early 1960's Harmony Bobkat H-15 for $25.00 with case. It's a little solidbody with 2 of these thin little De Armond gold foil covered pickups, a thick neck and a 24.25" scale length. with a little work it plays and sounds suprising good. It's a cool little guitar for what it is and especally for $25.00.
Thanks John

SouthernSounds

Reaction score
Pics? If not, John, well, you know, it never happened...

All the best,
B.

P.S. Congrats, btw. It wasn't my intention to sound rude :oops:

Kslam

Reaction score
powerwagonjohn said:
I know it's not a Guild but last weekend at a swap meet I bought an early 1960's Harmony Bobkat H-15 for $25.00 with case. It's a little solidbody with 2 of these thin little De Armond gold foil covered pickups, a thick neck and a 24.25" scale length. with a little work it plays and sounds suprising good. It's a cool little guitar for what it is and especally for $25.00.
Thanks John

Oh man, just yesterday I was telling a buddy that I wanted one of those guitars. Here's a video of Annie Clark (St. Vincent) playing one on Fallon. And, oh yeah, as a bonus, David Byrne is in the same video, playing a Guild.

PJ, if you don't mind my asking, what part of the country are you in? I ask because I almost went to a guitar swap in PA last weekend and -- though it's extremely unlikely -- I was wondering if it might've been the same one where you scored the BobKat.

Reaction score
I am in MN and I was at the Early Wheels of Iowa show so it was a surprise find. I did find some real good power Wagon parts too. I really do have to figure out the photo thing one of these days.
thanks John

6L6

Reaction score
Cool!

My all-time fav electric guitar is my 1960 Harmony Meteor w/Bigsby. Like you said, those "Gold Foil" pups are just fantastic!

Bill