How many prefer the old oval label

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Some how to me the old oval label looks more like a label than a sticker, the new one is nice but the old one is great, to me....thoughts? Steffan

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
That too S.G. and Lucky Elephant popcorn......oops, that is going waaaay back...it was pink and white, and they had great prizes in the box...guess I didn't have many toys as a kid... :? :lol: Steffan

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
For the first time ever I noticed today, that not only "Guild" is stamped in the wood of new NH guitars but also "USA" ! Some change!

img9935b.jpg

Ralf

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Some might recall that at one time I was trying to find a label for the D25 that came to me w/o one. Never did find a label but the sound that came from that wooden box was outstanding!

It was proof positive that the label (or lack of one) doesn't affect the sound. :wink:

Joe

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Well, if I had to pick a Guild label for looks, it would be the "Casper, the friendly ghost" label for sure!!

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
SFIV1967 said:
For the first time ever I noticed today, that not only "Guild" is stamped in the wood of new NH guitars but also "USA" ! Some change!

img9935b.jpg

Ralf
Just for the record, the "Guild" is not stamped anymore. It's burned in with a laser. (Oh the things you learn at LMG!)

(Sorry Ralf, I'm not quite as classy!)

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
The Guilds of Grot said:
Just for the record, the "Guild" is not stamped anymore. It's burned in with a laser. (Oh the things you learn at LMG!)
(Sorry Ralf, I'm not quite as classy!)
:lol: No problem Kurt! You are right, "stamped" is not correct at all. Burned in with a laser makes much more sense.
Thanks!
Ralf

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
And as we saw in the new GSR T-500 maybe NH returns to oval labels in future!
But maybe it's just the new GSR model label style?
A new question for you guys at LMGIII!

7980424650_5cdd1c6e14_z.jpg

Ralf

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Walter Broes said:
Well, if I had to pick a Guild label for looks, it would be the "Casper, the friendly ghost" label for sure!!

I've got to agree with Walter here. The "ghost" labels were the coolest of all Guild labels IMO.

P1010003.jpg

chazmo

Super Moderator
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
The ghost side of the label is cute, but the rest of the label is too busy with guarantees, etc. I wouldn't want that.

So, did they ever put the ghost on a real fretboard, like the picture shows? And, for that matter, does anyone know why they used that image? I.e., what is it supposed to mean/imply?