Doing what I like to do !

frettedstrings

Reaction score
FirstFridaySept720121.jpg

-frettedstrings

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
They were on sale, :lol: ..... No there is a whole world of capo possibilities. I know that, but it's a new world of possibilities that I haven't explored...yet!
Excellent shot too, is that a sweet little F112? Steffan

frettedstrings

Reaction score
Chaz,

I almost exclusively use two capos. One is a full Capo (barring all 6 string or 12 whatever the case may be) and the other is a cut capo (Kyser Short Cut) that barres strings 3, 4 and 5. This combination of capos allows me to tune my guitar in 5th instead of the usual 4th. I play a lot of Celtic Sounding songs.
The key is set by the full Capo (let's say G; 3rd Fret) and with the 'Short Cut' we have an open chord of Gsus4 .

-frettedstrings

frettedstrings

Reaction score
Stefan,

No, that is Zoe' my 1967 F212. And yes, there are many different uses for 'Cut Capos' - Barring 1 string, 2 strings, 3 strings .. it all depends on what voicings you are looking for. Of course there is Music Theory that can explain each and every placement of the capos, but playing guitar is much more fun !

-Tim

idealassets

Reaction score
Tim... 2 capos?
Yes, I have heard Tim play live and in person. This is a cool setup that he does and sounds quite nice. Also his F212 is a nice guitar thats in great condition.

I am already somewhat disorientated in attempting some Joni Mitchell and Steven Stills alternate tunings (with the alternate fingerings). I Don't want to push my luck any further with tricky capo stuff at this time.

Craig

evenkeel

Silver Supporting
Reaction score
Very nice. I also use the multiple capo trick. Never on the 12 however, strictly a six string thing for me.