How do I resize a pic on photobucket?

Ravon

Reaction score
Dumb question, but do I resize it on the forum I'm on or do I resize it on photobucket first? My pics I post here seem a little too big and another forum I'm on won't let me post any pictures because they're too big. When I go to a pic I want to resize on photobucket I've tried going to EDIT. Then theres a slider that lets me make it smaller. Am I on the right track? Also, would resizing allow me to put an avatar up? Thanks for any help

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Gee, I have just the opposite problem, I'd like to make my photos in photobucket bigger.

But I do think that making your avatar smaller will work, there is a requirement that they be no bigger than a certain L x W.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Guys, what you do is manipulate the photos on your computer.... then decide where you want to put them. One of my FAVORITE photo editing programs, which is completely free and one of the best for simple manipulation and file conversion is IrFanView...... just an amazing and free program that I've been using for over 10 years!!

http://www.irfanview.com/

Just save the photo to your computer, then select "Image"
Then "Resize" ....

and go nuts..........

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
davismanLV said:
One of my FAVORITE photo editing programs, which is completely free and one of the best for simple manipulation and file conversion is IrFanView...... just an amazing and free program that I've been using for over 10 years!!

http://www.irfanview.com/

Just save the photo to your computer, then select "Image"
Then "Resize" ....

and go nuts..........

BIG +1 on the IrfanView - I install it on every computer I come in contact with. You stand still long enough in front of me, I'll install it on you, too.

Similarly, I put VLC MediaPlayer on every computer I see as well: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html.

Its a nice, omnivorous media player that has helped do away with the "I can't find the CODEC to play back this file" whining.

Thunderface

Reaction score
Do you already have the photo in Photobucket? If so, click on it and at the top of the photo you'll see options. Click on edit and when that comes up, hit resize, change the dimensions and hit "save and replace."

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Rave, as some here already know, I'm the most computer illiterate on the website, but when I post pictures here from Photobucket, they come out just the right size. That would lead me to believe that you can adjust the size there on Photobucket.

West

Ravon

Reaction score
West R Lee said:
Rave, as some here already know, I'm the most computer illiterate on the website, but when I post pictures here from Photobucket, they come out just the right size. That would lead me to believe that you can adjust the size there on Photobucket.

West
Thanks West and it looks like there's plenty of room still left in the computer illiterate corner :lol: . The pics seem ok here but maybe a little large. Like I said, I've been trying to downsize them to get within another forums (amateur astronomy) restrictions and to hopefully help with an avatar here on LTG. I've followed Thunderfaces instructions (even before I asked the question here actually) but no go. I'm obviously missing a pretty simple step. I'll keep plugging away :)