NGD

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
It's not what you think, but then you knew that because of the Topic.

New Glasses Day.

After ~50 years of bifocals, I have graduated to progressive lenses and (for the first time) the anti-reflection coating. The latter is a 100% success. I'm still getting used to the former. I'm still at the stage where moving my head makes me queasy.

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
fronobulax said:
It's not what you think, but then you knew that because of the Topic.

New Glasses Day.

After ~50 years of bifocals, I have graduated to progressive lenses and (for the first time) the anti-reflection coating. The latter is a 100% success. I'm still getting used to the former. I'm still at the stage where moving my head makes me queasy.

I hope you have better luck with them than I did when I tried them a few years ago. I hated them and went back to my regular tri-focals. But, they say you just have to hang in there with them and you'll adapt.

Dave :D

rws11

Reaction score
My wife told me I wouldn't like 'em, but I thought what the hell, I'll give 'em a try. She was right, made me dizzy. Went back and got bi-focals. :shock:

geoguy

Reaction score
Odd, I didn't notice any problems adapting to progressive lenses.

Maybe I'm naturally dizzy, so the lenses didn't make a difference! :mrgreen:

griehund

Reaction score
Not to worry, the dizziness goes away after a couple years. :lol: :lol:

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
They are getting better but I have been accused of hitting the bottle since my gait is unsteady because where I see the ground and where the ground is are still two different things unless I look at my feet, and then I bump into people. They are going to be keepers, though.

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I thought you had decided to go for that new SF bass, after getting a peek at it....... :?

griehund

Reaction score
fronobulax said:
They are getting better but I have been accused of hitting the bottle since my gait is unsteady because where I see the ground and where the ground is are still two different things unless I look at my feet, and then I bump into people. They are going to be keepers, though.

I had to get a second pair made out of my old aviators because every time I stood over my golf ball I was seeing a big fuzzy marshmallow. And, of course I hit it like a big fuzzy marshmallow. :lol: :lol: :lol: