Go Tigers!

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Justin Verlander has got to be the best pitcher in baseball! On to the AL Championship games!

Thunderface

Reaction score
The only bummer about that is now he might be out of the ALCS until Game 3 or 4. And how 'bout those A's. Despite the disappointment of the season-ending game, what a great story. You still look at that roster and its like scene out of Major League where the guys at the coffeeshop are saying, "Who are these guys?"

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Well, the Tigers put on a clinic in Brooklyn, now back to the Motor City to close it out with 2 more wins!

Superb pitching from the Tigers again yesterday and today (Except when Valverde allowed 4 runs in the ninth to tie it up! :roll: ) Had to stay up pretty late last night to see the end of that crazy game!

Too bad about Jeters' injury, though, don't like to see that happen to anyone.

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
dreadnut said:
Well, the Tigers put on a clinic in Brooklyn, now back to the Motor City to close it out with 2 more wins!

Superb pitching from the Tigers again yesterday and today (Except when Valverde allowed 4 runs in the ninth to tie it up! :roll: ) Had to stay up pretty late last night to see the end of that crazy game!

Too bad about Jeters' injury, though, don't like to see that happen to anyone.

Brooklyn?

A clinic in Brooklyn? Was that before or after their game in the Bronx? :lol: :wink:

The Yanks seemed a little stunned after the loss of Jeter, plus a little tired after so many long inning games in a row. They did seem pretty flat today.

griehund

Reaction score
I've got two favorite teams: The Red Sox and any team that beats the Yankees. Go Tigers! :mrgreen:

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
griehund said:
I've got two favorite teams: The Red Sox and any team that beats the Yankees. Go Tigers! :mrgreen:

I heard the whole Red Sox organization was being sent down to Triple A... :wink:

griehund

Reaction score
FNG said:
griehund said:

I heard the whole Red Sox organization was being sent down to Triple A... :wink:

More likely they're going to Portland, double A Sea Dogs. :cry:

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
Yesiree! Dem yank's only hope and prayer is hanging on the big CC. Don't forget your brooms Tigers.
And...... go figure....that Delmon Young drove me crazy when he was here in Minnie....I guess Detroit figured out how to use him (like,we don't care how much you eat Del, just get up there an swing the bat).

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
I was afraid Coke was gonna toss it away in the 9th :shock:

We'll see how they do against Sabathia tonight.