Guild Colors & Stains

ladytexan

Reaction score
Recently, several 'colorful' Guilds have been listed for sale. We've had several posts about some of the different colors and stains available during different eras at Guild (and we know that colors and stains were used when a guitar was perfect in every way - except perhaps for a few woodgrain 'issues' and available for special order) - heck, color & stain charts have been posted here, too, but it always makes me smile when I see a "new" color on a familiar model. I've never seen the shade of blue before of the JF30 in the first picture - this one is currently for sale on eBay (UK). Were there different colors & stains available for different geographic locations, i.e. US, Europe, etc.? ::::thinking-out-loud, pondering:::: :?

$T2eC16ZHJHoE9n3KfvE!BQdsJEwtC!~~60_57.JPG

GuildJF-30.jpg

20U-11928_front.jpg

108322382_lg.jpg

$T2eC16FHJIQE9qUHrisZBQf0r-de1!~~60_12.JPG

ladytexan

Reaction score

littlesongs

Reaction score
X-80_Glo.jpg

Guild seems to have a color and finish to fit every guitarist. Do you keep the roadies busy finding eye shadow and hairspray? We've got just the guitar for you... uh... mister.

In all seriousness, the different colors in the Guild acoustic line have charm and fill a niche. I'm awful partial to that green. Some folks like our friend Drka can't live without cherry.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
ladytexan said:
but it always makes me smile when I see a "new" color on a familiar model. I've never seen the shade of blue before of the JF30 in the first picture - this one is currently for sale on eBay (UK).
That's a first for me too, I think.
ladytexan said:
Were there different colors & stains available for different geographic locations, i.e. US, Europe, etc.? ::::thinking-out-loud, pondering:::: :?
I highly doubt they went to such demographic lengths since Westerlys all came out of one place, but they were very flexible about taking special orders during '80's especially, even had a form for dealers to use to check off the available "options", including colors.
I notice there's some text on the TRC, that might be a clue about it being a "special" run or even one-off of some kind, like a signature model.

$T2eC16ZHJHoE9n3KfvE!BQdsJEwtC!~~60_57.JPG