35 years ago today

CA-35

Reaction score
Today marks the 35th anniversary of the tragedy that befell the members of Lynyrd Skynyrd. I know they don't get a lot of love around here, however here's a link to the article and also a 13 minute video featuring some young country talent covering a few of their songs. Allen Collins, Gary Rossington, Ronnie Van Zant, Stevie Gaines, Leon Wilkeson, Artimus Pyle, and my favorite man on the piano Billy Powell. There will never be another band like them again ever.

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/our-co...unluckiest-band-lynyrd-skynyrd-195322185.html

Lynyrd-Skynyrd-1977-Street-Survivors.jpg

learnintoplay62

Reaction score
Wow, 35 years. By the way I for one , love their music , so I must have missed the dissing :wink:
Know matter how many times I see that picture, I still laugh at that outfits ; after I get over the eeriness :shock:

Taylor Martin Guild

Reaction score
I also like them. I don't think that there is any kind of dislike for the band at all.
Some great Southern Rock there, for sure.

Jeff Haddad

Reaction score
We used to cover some of their songs in the band I was in in high school. I remember that record and still have it with that cover before it was pulled and changed. I didn't really think about it at the time but they were pretty forward thinking believe it or not - anti-drug and anti-violence songs among their repertoire.

CA-35

Reaction score
ArchtopAnimal said:
I liked that Band . My last year of High School '75
This was a very memorable BBC concert :--- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPn0f9NxhJU

You are certainly an animal Archtop!! Great video!!! Probably the best rendition of "Call Me the Breeze" I've ever heard. Billy Powell's piano solo at about the 10 minute mark is unbelievable, he gets more sound out of a piano with one hand than most do with two. :shock:
Thanks for that link. Time for me to put my boots on and steal the show............

jmac

Reaction score
OK...I thought it was that but wasn't sure. That's a weird album cover.