Practice areas

Just_Guild

Reaction score
Thought it would be fun if we post some photos of our respective practice areas. I say practice, not necessarily recording although seems like most areas include both. Looking for some good ideas as I feel like I am sitting in an Octopus nest of cords, books, lights, stands, etc. Would be very interested to see what ya got...

Some details would be helpful. Thanks!!!

I'll start, although has changed some from this photo...I have reversed the layout, facing outward toward sectional seating. Just added a multi-gang outlet.

232323232%7Ffp7344%3B%3Enu%3D3552%3E759%3E569%3E264375965%3A258ot1lsi

Third floor, finished with AC/DC/HVAC. There are two beds as well in case whoever jams can't make it home. No recording stuff as I don't have a clue what I need.

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
The back corner of a spare bedroom serves as my practice area/home studio.

studio.jpg

Not sure what sort of details you want, but here's what is pictured:

Left to right, Yamaha SY-77, Guild D-40, strat, a home-made rack with a power conditioner and a few preamps, audio and video monitors, Tascam FW-1884, Guild DV-52, Korg Padkontrol, Rivera Clubster 25-110, Kustom KBA65.

Dave :D

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Just_Guild,

After looking more closely at your setup, I have two questions:

What is that thing under the sheet music book on the music stand on the right?

And, I see one guitar but both channels are plugged in on the amp. Are you "jumpering" or what?

Nice-looking silverface, BTW. Reissue?

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
J_G has a verrrrry nice practice. ;-)
It's pretty much the size of my apartment. The attached bathroom is especially convenient, but lugging beer up to the third floor must be a pain. ;-)

Just_Guild

Reaction score
dapmdave said:
Just_Guild,

And, I see one guitar but both channels are plugged in on the amp. Are you "jumpering" or what?

Nothing special. I just have a couple of cables to hook in my Android phone where I have iRealb for backing tracks and a ton of music I can play to. Also hook in my Nook Tablet so I can see and hear what lessons I am watching on-line.

On the stand, I have a little accessory shelf that clips on. Very handy for holding pens, picks, tuner, whatever. Inexpensive.Got it at Sam Ash.

412FiGOIKVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Manhasset-110...sr=8-16&keywords=music+stands+for+sheet+music

Just_Guild

Reaction score
Default said:
J_G has a verrrrry nice practice. ;-)
It's pretty much the size of my apartment. The attached bathroom is especially convenient, but lugging beer up to the third floor must be a pain. ;-)

Thanks Steve. Happy to host any time.

You have to earn the beer, hence the carrying. But the bathroom makes it all worthwhile, since we only RENT the beer.

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Just_Guild said:
dapmdave said:
Just_Guild,

Nothing special. I just have a couple of cables to hook in my Android phone where I have iRealb for backing tracks and a ton of music I can play to. Also hook in my Nook Tablet so I can see and hear what lessons I am watching on-line.

On the stand, I have a little accessory shelf that clips on. Very handy for holding pens, picks, tuner, whatever. Inexpensive.Got it at Sam Ash.

412FiGOIKVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Manhasset-110...sr=8-16&keywords=music+stands+for+sheet+music

Cool tips & details like this are really nice to hear about. Thanks!

Like Sandy, I've moved to using only the Hercules stands. I've seen my guitars tumble off of the other type, right in front of me, without any apparent cause. Ouch!