Pheasant out for a stroll?

griehund

Reaction score
Looks like a pheasant. Walks like a pheasant. What's he think he's doing walking across my front yard in plain sight?

pheasant1.jpg

pheasant2.jpg

pheasant3.jpg

pheasant4.jpg

pheasant5.jpg

:?: :?: :?: :?:

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Images don't work. No obvious way for me to edit and correct for you. Preview is your friend.

griehund

Reaction score
fronobulax said:
Images don't work. No obvious way for me to edit and correct for you. Preview is your friend.

I had to edit them a few times to get them to work. Try emptying cache or reload page? I had a question mark in the original image names which is a no no. After fixing that they appeared for me. :oops:

griehund

Reaction score
killdeer43 said:
Pics are fine....do you need a good recipe? 8)

Joe

I'm afraid the turkeys have already set a precedent. Apparently my front yard is an established safe harbor. The legal ramifications are astounding. :roll:

griehund

Reaction score
So here's the thing. Recently relocated 3 mice from the house to the deep woods across the road. In order to do so I had to convince my wife that the "special traps" I bought did not "kill" them but merely made them "very angry". I suspect that they were just so enraged that they may have suffered "coronaries". :wink: :wink: In fact I will swear on a stack of phone books that I saw them dash angrily into the forest. That being said, the prospect of catching, cooking, and devouring said feathered foul would be seriously frowned upon in this establishment, kind of like riding the dog as if he were a pony. If you catch my drift. :wink: :wink:

Bing k

Reaction score
killdeer43 said:
bluesypicky said:
mmmmmmmm....... tastes better than turkey if you ask me! 8)
I'll have to agree with Pascal. No contest there. :wink:

Gobble, gobble,
Joe

Electric roaster with a bottle of wine, for the birds. They come out moist and really good.

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Bing k said:
Electric roaster with a bottle of wine, for the birds. They come out moist and really good.
On the bottle of wine, you're preaching the choir, but you got me curious on the electric roaster... what it is?... like a little electric oven? :?

The game bird of choice for many a King of France.... who are we to frown upon it, hmmm?
Don't worry cliff: We'll be discrete when we come snatch this puppy from your yard... :lol:

Bing k

Reaction score
bluesypicky said:
Bing k said:
On the bottle of wine, you're preaching the choir, but you got me curious on the electric roaster... what it is?... like a little electric oven? :?

The bird of choice for many a King of France.... who are we to frown upon it, hmmm?
Don't worry cliff: We'll be discrete when we come snatch this puppy from your yard... :lol:

http://www.jr.com/metal-ware-corp-/pe/MW1_48182520/

8 or 10 pheasant or grouse fit nicely. While the scalloped potatoes are in the oven. It actually requires 3 bottles of wine, one for the birds and two
for the cooks.

eating.gif

CA-35

Reaction score
Bing k said:
It actually requires 3 bottles of wine, one for the birds and two
for the cooks.
eating.gif

And don't ever use a cooking wine that you wouldn't drink!!

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
griehund said:
So here's the thing...the prospect of catching, cooking, and devouring said feathered foul would be seriously frowned upon in this establishment, kind of like riding the dog as if he were a pony. If you catch my drift. :wink: :wink:
You prob'ly lured 'em in with that free mouse meal.
What if...somebody else caught 'em and did the Alice B Toklas on 'em, and you just happened to drive by the roadside vendor's stand and, enchanted with the romance of dining on some actual wild game, brought a couple home with you, if you catch my drift? :D