Salmon, anyone?

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
They're in the creek behind the main post offcie, returning in good numbers and we've only just begun.

femchumsmc.jpg

Chum salmon, female

Now they get to run the gauntlet of fishermen!

wildfishingsmc.jpg

It's a tough life, being a Pacific salmon!

Joe

poser

Reaction score
Rubbing shoulders with someone while I'm fishing would take a lot of the fun out of it for me.

CA-35

Reaction score
Joe I hope you didn't leave that salmon lying in the grass, you took it home and made a nice meal right? :roll:

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Combat fishing, great sport :roll: Fished such places myself a time or two, rarely a 2nd time. It's noteworthy tho. how well folks get along, for the most part :wink:

youtube vid here puts the ultimate twist on combat fishing: I'll justify the veer by pointing out the sweet, I believe original acoustic guitar soundtrack;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-ca0Oq3IMQ

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Jeff said:
Combat fishing, great sport :roll: Fished such places myself a time or two, rarely a 2nd time. It's noteworthy tho. how well folks get along, for the most part :wink:
Well, "for the most part" they get along but I've seen some pretty good scuffles take place, especially when the smell of booze is in the air, mixing with the usually heavy cigarette smoke. Almost like fishing in a crowded bar! :lol:

Not exactly my idea of fun fishing.

Joe

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
killdeer43 said:
Jeff wrote:
Combat fishing, great sport Fished such places myself a time or two, rarely a 2nd time. It's noteworthy tho. how well folks get along, for the most part

Well, "for the most part" they get along but I've seen some pretty good scuffles take place, especially when the smell of booze is in the air, mixing with the usually heavy cigarette smoke. Almost like fishing in a crowded bar!

Not exactly my idea of fun fishing.

Joe

For some reason, I get the feeling, the bar isn't far away. :wink:
My idea of fun fishing lies on the extreme opposite end of the sprectrum, solo! :)

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
rampside said:
killdeer43 said:
Well, "for the most part" they get along but I've seen some pretty good scuffles take place, especially when the smell of booze is in the air, mixing with the usually heavy cigarette smoke. Almost like fishing in a crowded bar!

For some reason, I get the feeling, the bar isn't far away. :wink:
Interestingly enough, you're right on the money. The landmark Waterfront Tavern is just downstream. :lol:

Joe

CA-35

Reaction score
When I fish It's me and the ocean, no bumping elbows here.....and the cooler IS full of beer, no lines no waiting! :D

edit_preview.php

edit_preview.php

notice the bar chord hold?

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
They showed a clip of a brown lab doing the catch a salmon in your mouth, wander around for a couple of minutes, set it down so it can get away. Too funny.. guess the stream flooded on to the road.. could have been in Joe's neighborhood.. Good dog, now go home and bring the salmon.. good dog ... Now do it again... :lol: Steffan