Got 'er did.

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Down here in Florida, as in a lot of other places, voting early has become very popular. I tried to vote last weekend, but a 3 1/2-hour wait wasn't happening for me. I thought that with all these people voting early, things might look pretty good for voting on the actual election day. So, I waited and voila! Just a 45-minute wait this morning and I'm good to go.

Don't know if I was smart or lucky, but I love it when a plan comes together.

Dave :D

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Good for you Dave. To all the Americans here, make sure to exercise your right to vote today. It doesn't matter who you vote for; only that you do. 8)

evenkeel

Silver Supporting
Reaction score
Mrs. keel and I voted today about 10:00. No lines, walked in, done. We always vote on voting day. Just seems more fun. Something very satisfying about going into the polling place, marking up the ballot.

This am we got a robo call from the Pinellas County supervisor of elections reminding us to vote... Tomorrow. Ooopps. Short time later the corrected robo call came. Hey, it's Fla. so gotta expect some agita.

Qvart

Reaction score
I'm a fan of ealry voting. If we can't give up the Tuesday tradition this really makes things easier on people who work M-F (like me). I voted almost three weeks ago at a library branch within walking of my apartment. And most of my employees voted before today as well. Hopefully the 15 states that don't offer it will get on board.

Good one on ya mates.

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I was at the polls at 7:05 this AM... got it done!

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
When there is an election in Canada, the workers gets a 3 hour period off to vote, it's the law, and that can be at an agreed upon time ar your workplace, also have early vote options.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Mrs. Fro. voted with almost no wait. I voted later and was in line for 15 minutes. What was interesting is the polling place offered both paper and electronic ballots. The line for paper ballots was shorter for both of us. It was interesting that we had the choice (this is not a Sandy ravaged area) and that most people didn't want paper.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Have you had a choice before, frono? I do find that interesting. I don't think I've ever seen a poll location with both.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Voted about an hour ago, walked right in! Supposedly very packed this morning...

walrus

charliea

Reaction score
Florida has an 8-page ballot this time around. Page after page of mind-numbing verbiage. Endless constitutional amendments. Slows down the process when voters lose consciousness part way through the process, and have to be revived before continuing.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Chazmo said:
Have you had a choice before, frono? I do find that interesting. I don't think I've ever seen a poll location with both.

I don't recall that I did but I don't recall any announcement as to what made this election different. Maybe someone worried about Sandy had them printed and decided to use them rather than throw them out :wink:

Ridgemont

Reaction score
taabru45 said:
When there is an election in Canada, the workers gets a 3 hour period off to vote, it's the law, and that can be at an agreed upon time ar your workplace, also have early vote options.
I was told by a S. Korean colleague that their election day is a national holiday.

Qvart

Reaction score
If you're geeky like me you might like checking out these sites as we watch the election unfold:

512 Paths to the White House - good visual of how different combinations of states might play out in the electoral college.

Politico 2012 Election Central - live results by state and county (so far they're only reporting some results from NH/IN/KY).

Of course, there's a ton of media coverage and probably lots of good sites to check out. I just happened across these and found them interesting.

Hope you're all enjoying the evening. Cheers!

Bing k

Reaction score
This county only has 1700 folks, total. About 600 voters in this prescient. At 2 pm when we went in over 400 had voted. . In-out back to work.

kitniyatran

Reaction score
Most precincts here(south Lee County, Florida) had lines by the time the polls opened. Yesterday afternoon I arrived in line at 4:20, & walked out of the polls at 7:03, with a line still snaking around the building. I couldn't see waiting in 2 hour or more lines for early voting. :roll:
2 & 3/4 hours is about 10 times the longest it's ever taken me to vote before; the whole process here was a shambles. :x