I gotta say "Glad it's over"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bing k

Reaction score
It seems the division gets more extreme each time we do this. What is going to finally bring us to face one another understanding differences and move towards resolution. I fear that our youth will never witness the standing generation reconciling with itself and learn that it does not have to be done this way. I don't even know if I'll watch the returns because I'm not sure no matter the results, we will, be in a better place tomorrow.
Are we failing those who have gone before and those who are to come?

usa.gif

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Not to make light of Bing's comments but tomorrow will be a better day if only because people will be leaving us alone. Today we had 7 robocalls encouraging us to vote and three different visitors at the door with a similar message. I'd say we averaged 4 robocalls a day and 3 visitors a week for the past month. I think when it is time for me to retire, it needs to be to a non-battleground state.

idealassets

Reaction score
I think when it is time for me to retire, it needs to be to a non-battleground state.
Thankfully no battleground state here. Aside from that, there is still time to work toward a better future.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I too got very tired of it. And you can see what state I'm from - there's only one party and it was still very tiring!

walrus

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
walrus said:
I too got very tired of it. And you can see what state I'm from - there's only one party and it was still very tiring!

walrus
Politics and politicians have been tiring me out since the '50s when I was growing up in deep south Louisiana. :|

Joe

Scratch

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
killdeer43 said:
idealassets said:
there is still time to work toward a better future.
Forward is always a good direction to travel. :wink:

Joe

Agreed; unless you need to return to get something you forgot.

Glad it is over here too...

Brad Little

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
fronobulax said:
Today we had 7 robocalls
I guess it's a state law, but here if a robocall is picked up by an answering machine they can't leave a message. We always use the machine as a call screener, so no robocalls this year. Did sort of miss Bill Clinton, though.
Brad

6L6

Reaction score
What's needed, IMHO, is a new party of Moderates. Call it "The Moderate Party".

Ditch the current day extremists on both sides.

Bill

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
You mean I have to keep my empty chair out in the yard for another four years?

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
FNG said:
As long as you leave an empty case of beer on it.

Peroni is what I'm leaving this week.

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Default said:
FNG said:

What a coincidence! Peroni is what I'm drinking this week! What's your address?

Dave :D

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Brad Little said:
fronobulax said:
Today we had 7 robocalls
I guess it's a state law, but here if a robocall is picked up by an answering machine they can't leave a message. We always use the machine as a call screener, so no robocalls this year. Did sort of miss Bill Clinton, though.
Brad

I suspect that is not the law in the Commonwealth of Virginia or else many entities violated it.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
FNG said:

Bikerdoc

Reaction score
While I do vote, I long ago realized that not much changes either way I vote at the Federal level; very little really gets done.

Local elections is where people really have their say and can make a difference in their communities. Yesterday we (the Village) lost our incorporation status. We've had it for over 45 years and now a neighboring township is going to be stepping on our toes and digging into our pockets. The vote to disincorporate will cost our little village 40+ jobs which includes 16 police officers being replaced by a gaggle of shaved head gestapo. How it happened I can't say. But the village has spoken, got what the majority wanted, and now we'll just wait and see. Me? I'm not all that optimistic but I'll not be affected as much by the vote as those younger folks or those still working.

I have to admit however that I've already fanned the embers by placing a "No Trespassing" sign in my yard; a practice banned by ordinance of the invading community. :wink:

Peace

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Bikerdoc said:
While I do vote, I long ago realized that not much changes either way I vote at the Federal level; very little really gets done.

Local elections is where people really have their say and can make a difference in their communities. Yesterday we (the Village) lost our incorporation status. We've had it for over 45 years and now a neighboring township is going to be stepping on our toes and digging into our pockets. The vote to disincorporate will cost our little village 40+ jobs which includes 16 police officers being replaced by a gaggle of shaved head gestapo. How it happened I can't say. But the village has spoken, got what the majority wanted, and now we'll just wait and see. Me? I'm not all that optimistic but I'll not be affected as much by the vote as those younger folks or those still working.

I have to admit however that I've already fanned the embers by placing a "No Trespassing" sign in my yard; a practice banned by ordinance of the invading community. :wink:

Peace

"All politics is local" :wink:

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
You may be assured that we too, are thoroughly glad that it's over.

Night after night for the last week or so and, particularly in the last two or three nights I could guarantee that Crap TV News would be showing the circus.

But, to all things down, there's an upside. No Ellen de Cheeziness for the last couple of nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.