photobucket users, is it working?

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Folks, photobucket.com seems to have introduced some social-media-like user interface (read "highly irritating"). Is it working for any of you? I can't get my libraries to show or do anything that gets off the main page. It's not showing me any pictures either.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Interesting... ken what are you using for an internet browser? I have Windows 8 on my machine, and my browser is Internet Explorer 9...

I get screens and tabs, but nothing is actually working. And, the "switch to original" link is there, but does nothing.

Is this thing just down? dread are you seeing what I'm seeing?

Joe, I might do that.

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Windoze 7, Google Chrome, works fine after blowing off the improved site option. Also works for me in Explorer 9.

Don't know if this helps, but try going to your account settings and be sure that your default start page is "Albums" and not "Community Activity".

Dave :D

Qvart

Reaction score
I didn't see the option to go back to the old look, but it's working fine for me. I'm using Firefox. Maybe you need some sort of update (like the never-ending Adobe ones)?

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nothing seems to work. I cleared my internet cookies, etc... All I get is spinning wheels when I click anything, and none of the drop-downs work.

Oh well... imageshack here I come!

evenkeel

Silver Supporting
Reaction score
My photobucket pics are all fine. I can upload, do everything I used to do. Web site has a new look but all the content is the same. Works ok for me

Scratch

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Chazmo said:
Interesting... ken what are you using for an internet browser? I have Windows 8 on my machine, and my browser is Internet Explorer 9...

I get screens and tabs, but nothing is actually working. And, the "switch to original" link is there, but does nothing.

Joe, I might do that.

Using Windows 7 and IE9, Charlie... How recently did you go to Win 8?

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Scratch said:
Chazmo said:

Joe, I might do that.

Using Windows 7 and IE9, Charlie... How recently did you go to Win 8?
I meant Windows 7, Ken... My brain hurts... I have Windows 8 under test at work, so I get confused easily. No, this is happening on Windows 7 (64-bit) with IE9.

Sounds like that's not it.

GuildFS4612CE

Reaction score
Chazmo

Haven't tried photobucket today, and I'm no computer expert, but I've got Windows 7 home premium and IE9, both updated,... I have noticed in the past with various new site 'upgrades' and 'updates' that sometimes the issue is an incompatibility with the 64-bit...have you tried running IE9 in 32 bit?

Also watch out for any Adobe Flash player or Adobe Reader (PDF) updates...I've now set those on anything but auto update...took 6 weeks of research thru forums on the net, other than Adobe's own, to straighten out that recent mess...couldn't even read a google map :shock: :roll: Most sites seem to use Flash alot.

Oh, and if you are on Microsoft's auto update...they just dumped a huge 18 part update this week... :mrgreen:

Now one of you guys who really knows something can chime in. I'm out of places to look. :lol:

marcellis

Reaction score
Chazmo said:
Folks, photobucket.com seems to have introduced some social-media-like user interface (read "highly irritating"). Is it working for any of you? I can't get my libraries to show or do anything that gets off the main page. It's not showing me any pictures either.

No. I don't like photobucket or image shack. When someone posts an image in image shack I will not be able to see it. I see a cube with a frog in it and some language about an account. I can get thru to PB more often but it's hit or miss.

Image Shack is the worst for me.

mad dog

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
I'm going to try switching back. Created a new album in the new interface, listed a link to it in a for sale ad. No one could get to it, though it is a public folder. Never had that problem before.
MD

Curlington

Reaction score
I gave up on both of them. Not worth shortening my life with such aggravation. My guess is you get what you pay for, and the end of free, quality services on the net are nigh.

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Curlington said:
I gave up on both of them. Not worth shortening my life with such aggravation. My guess is you get what you pay for, and the end of free, quality services on the net are nigh.
I pay a small fee for improved service on imageshack, and it's noticeably better than the free/basic. :wink:

Joe

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
I got it back. Go to your Control Panel, find Internet Options and delete files and cookies, then re-open Photobucket.