Two peaceful, healing musical ideas come together

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
The luthiers who built the Flight 93 Memorial Guitar decided to donate the guitar to the Guitars For Vets organization. It may be auctioned eventually, but for the time being it will be going to the N.A.M.M. show, and G4V is planning to get endorsing artists to record a song using this guitar. Maybe they will even put together a compilation video or recording.

IMG_4455.jpg

It is my pleasure to be associated with all these folks. From left to right, Jim Price, Grand Rapids G4V Chapter Coordinator; Marc DeRuiter (yours truly); Patrick Nettesheim, Co-Founder of Guitars For Vets, Eric Weinstein, Executive Director, Guitars For Vets; TW Felty and Don Bremer, luthiers and creators of the Flight 93 Memorial Guitar.

046-1.jpg

047.jpg

Don did the "LET"S ROLL" inlay work, and his employer, Terryberry Corp. provided the laser etching of the names of all 40 heroes of Flight 93. TW, a Viet Nam combat Veteran likes to point out "the heroes of Flight 93 all became fellow Veterans that day." A small logbook has accompanied these guys with the guitar to various places over the last two years, and several hundred people have signed the book and left messages. The book is staying with the guitar.

It was a beautiful, sunny day today. I watched a Boeing 757 streak by toward the airport, and I'm sorry that I can't see an airliner without remembering what happened on 9/11. But when you get past the rage, a musical response can be very healing. I believe love wins.

Thanks to this gift, we can put more guitars into the hands of more Veterans.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
That is a great way to honor those people, dread! I like how TW called those heroes "veterans", since they gave their life to save others. What a great project - as I posted on Veteran's Day, thanks to all of you veterans out there!

walrus

Shady Wilbury

Reaction score
Thanks for the update, Mark.

Don't know why, but I think I called you Steve last time? If so, my apologies. Great to keep abreast of the progress of that very special guit. :)

Take care,

Casey

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yeah, don't ever call me that again, Casey! :lol:

It will be fun to monitor the progress of this guitar. I know it will be attending the NAMM Show, not sure about after that, but I will post periodically.