Dean Markely Trilogy Pickup anyone used one?

P-E-Zmusic

Reaction score
It has mag pickup, piezo and condenser mic. Anyone own one? Impression?

Ross

Reaction score
Guild Total
Interesting. I assume that the 3 can be blended, although it would probably be too complex for me :lol:

I have a Dean Markley piezo, the "Sweet Spot" model, in my D25 acoustic. Totally passive, no battery, no controls. It's quite treble-biased, needs some EQ to sound good, but it's surprisingly high-gain. I've grown to like it over the 15 or so years that I've had it installed.

If you decide to get the Trilogy, please let us know what it's like.

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Ross said:
Interesting. I assume that the 3 can be blended, although it would probably be too complex for me :lol:

I have a Dean Markley piezo, the "Sweet Spot" model, in my D25 acoustic. Totally passive, no battery, no controls. It's quite treble-biased, needs some EQ to sound good, but it's surprisingly high-gain. I've grown to like it over the 15 or so years that I've had it installed.

If you decide to get the Trilogy, please let us know what it's like.

I have one of these. I haven't installed it, but I can tell you that the three sources have separate volume controls. So yes, they can be blended.

Dave :D

P-E-Zmusic

Reaction score
It sound great with 20% mag, 20% mic, 80% Piezo ..... I am very happy it.

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
P-E-Zmusic said:

So, it was easier than expected? I can't decide which guitar to install mine into, and so it sits on a shelf. You may have inspired me to get on with it. Or sell it. I know these are no longer made. Where did you find yours?

P-E-Zmusic

Reaction score
dapmdave said:
P-E-Zmusic said:

So, it was easier than expected? I can't decide which guitar to install mine into, and so it sits on a shelf. You may have inspired me to get on with it. Or sell it. I know these are no longer made. Where did you find yours?

I was already in this vintage Fender Malibu guitar when I bought it.