Gordon Lightfoot at the Grey Cup

Brad Little

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I understand that Gordon Lightfoot will be the half time entertainment at today's Grey Cup. There's about a minute and a half left in the first half, so it's coming up soon. FYI, on NBCSports in the US.
Brad

Ross

Reaction score
Guild Total
GL was the first of 4 half-time performers, and the only one of legal voting age. I hadn't heard of any of the other 3 except Justin Bieber (can't avoid him even if you live in a cave).

Gord played the Canadian Railroad Trilogy, or part of it at least. He didn't get play the 3rd movement - time constraints, I guess. His voice is not what it once was. :(

Good game, though. I've always favoured the west - if you've ever lived in Saskatchewan, you're a fan for life! But it was nice to see my new home team do well :D

Brad Little

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Yeah, all the hype I saw was only for Lightfoot, although I think there was a crawl for the others. Yes, not the Lightfoot of old. Yes, good game. I was rooting for the Argos because they had more Canadian University players in the pre-game introductions. I don't watch the NFL, but enjoy the more action in the CFL game.
Brad

6L6

Reaction score
When GL was branded "Canada's Greatest National Treasure", I couldn't agree more.

Think I'll cover some GL music at O/M tonight with a salute to all fellow Lightheads!

Bill

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
6L6 said:
When GL was branded "Canada's Greatest National Treasure", I couldn't agree more.

Bill

Ummm Joni Mitchell, NeilDiamond, there are a fee others in the mix eh! :wink: Steffan

Brad Little

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
taabru45 said:
6L6 said:

Bill

Ummm Joni Mitchell, NeilDiamond, there are a fee others in the mix eh! :wink: Steffan
Uh, when did Brooklyn (New York, not Nova Scotia) become part of Canada? I think you mean Neil Young. Plus, Zal Yanovsky, Ann Murray, Hank Snow, Wilf Carter, and my favorite non-export, Murray McLauchlin. Of course, we gave you Ronnie Hawkins.
Brad

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Oops :oops: being on a first name basis :roll: I got confused but you wiil appreciate the lack of anyone named Justin. Steffan

Brad Little

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Thread Veer: Re: Gordon Lightfoot at the Grey Cup

killdeer43 said:
taabru45 said:
Brooklyn will argue the point over Mr. Diamond's birthplace.
Did you mean Neil Young, perhaps? :wink:

Curious Joe

*Doh! Brad scooped me by 2 minutes!
Just occurred to me that I've been to at least four different Brooklyns, NY, CT, IA and NS. No significance, just found it interesting.
Brad

Ross

Reaction score
Guild Total
Brad Little said:
I was rooting for the Argos because they had more Canadian University players in the pre-game introductions.
Brad
That's a good point, Brad. Although the athletic programs at Canadian universities aren't especially well-funded, it's nice to see that some graduates make it into the pro leagues. :D

Brad Little

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Ross said:
Brad Little said:
I was rooting for the Argos because they had more Canadian University players in the pre-game introductions.
Brad
That's a good point, Brad. Although the athletic programs at Canadian universities aren't especially well-funded, it's nice to see that some graduates make it into the pro leagues. :D
Well, although not an official alumni (didn't graduate from there) I spent 3 years at Acadia, and one of these years they'll make it to the Vanier Cup. No Axemen in the Grey Cup, though. About ten years ago I got a letter congratulating me on being inducted into the Acadia Athletic Hall of Fame for being a member of the 1978 (?) undefeated football team. Unfortunately, I never played football and my last year there was 1972!
Brad

Ross

Reaction score
Guild Total
Brad Little said:
Well, although not an official alumni (didn't graduate from there) I spent 3 years at Acadia, and one of these years they'll make it to the Vanier Cup. No Axemen in the Grey Cup, though. About ten years ago I got a letter congratulating me on being inducted into the Acadia Athletic Hall of Fame for being a member of the 1978 (?) undefeated football team. Unfortunately, I never played football and my last year there was 1972!
Brad
Maybe you have a doppelgänger, Brad :D