When did I miss this? Fender Premium (Automotive) Audio

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
You're forgiven for missing it but there was some brief mention of it on LTG although not much discussion. What I recall from the time period was an interview with Gibson's CEO where he observed that only 10% of the global market plays an instrument whereas 90% of the same market plays back recorded music. The implication was that for Gibson to grow they needed to tap into listeners as well as players. The Fender announcement made it seem as if Fender had already figured that out.

Curiously, if I had the choice of Gibson or Fender audio in my car I'd go for Fender but in a world with Bose, Sony and numerous other brands, neither is the first name that comes to mind.

Brad Little

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Yes, I remember it being mentioned in an ad for one of the cars a while back. Like Jamie, not the first name I think of for audio.
Brad

Reaction score
Haven't they had this for a year or 2? I recall seeing commercials about it a while ago.
Not surprised that it's made by panasonic. They make alot of equipment for manufacturers-radios, amps, speakers etc.
I wouldn't buy a fender car audio system though....I've had bad experiences with fender equipment.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
kevin the bass man said:
I wouldn't buy a fender car audio system though....I've had bad experiences with fender equipment.
I've had bad experiences with Volkswagens.
Sounds like a match made in heaven.
:lol: