Premier Guitar tour of Gruhn Guitars

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I agree - that was interesting! Not a bad gig, dealing with vintage, rare, etc. guitars for a living...

walrus

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Well, that required some time but although there were some slow spots, I think overall that was a really good 41 minutes. And at the end George reminds us that it is "a hobby that got out of control" and that it's supposed to be fun. I couldn't agree more. :D

Thunderface

Reaction score
I shared the link with a colleage of mine, who had this to say ... "Fun to see whats going on upstairs, I've been to gruhns numerous times on my annual visits to nashville/knoxville, - but never above the first floor …. They must have a device that scans your credit card when you walk in and reads your max limit to determine if you qualify for the 'second floor'.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yoko Oh No

Reaction score
nice post

$80,000 for the Fogelberg gretsch???

I always find it amusing that Joe Blows sweat or customization renders a guitar worthless, but Dan Fogelberg changes the nut and it's priceless

Very interesting video, i'm always interested in the eye candy

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks for the link Jim!

Folks, this will definitely be one of the stops during the LTG Meet-Up in Music City this coming April. Be there! 8)

Shady Wilbury

Reaction score
Very interesting vid, but what was the Guild beside the Premier Guitar guy? They didn't pay nearly enough attention to the Guilds. :p

markus

Reaction score
Guild Total
Great link, thank you!
I've never seen expensive stuff like that before! :shock:
Markus :D

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
twocorgis said:
Thanks for the link Jim!

Folks, this will definitely be one of the stops during the LTG Meet-Up in Music City this coming April. Be there! 8)

Maybe if we all bring out credit cards they will let the group upstairs...

Shady Wilbury

Reaction score
@SFIV1967 - looking again, I'm not sure anybody except a Guild expert could make it out. All I see is a Guild headstock at 1:20. :)

Thunderface

Reaction score
Good eye, Shady! It's a Thunderbird, with its eagle on the headstock ind block inlays, first appearing at 1:08 and intermittantly between George and PG's Shawn Hammond until the camera pans away at 1:37. I kept wanting to say "stand still, Shawn, you're blocking the Guild!" Notice how George never gets in the way. :wink:

Goodeye.jpg

Can't believe I missed it the first time.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thunderface said:
Good eye, Shady! It's a Thunderbird, with its eagle on the headstock ind block inlays, first appearing at 1:08 and intermittantly between George and PG's Shawn Hammond until the camera pans away at 1:37. I kept wanting to say "stand still, Shawn, you're blocking the Guild!"
That S-200 Thunderbird was really hard to find! I didn't even look down there when I watched it. But it is really good visible at around 1:22 or so.
Ralf