Another sad anniversary

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
If anyone has ever listened to any of the interviews he did right before his death, you know he was extremely optimistic about the future. One of his quotes was (I'm paraphrasing) something like "The 60's was a great time of change, and the 70's, well, we survived them, right? So I'm really looking forward to the 80's, it's going to be great."

And by the way, may I add how much I hate the fact that wikipedia has his killer's name in the first paragraph. I would love to see his name never mentioned - he did it to become famous, and we are giving him what he wants.

Thanks for the music, John.

walrus

Los Angeles

Reaction score
Guild Total
Cosell: ...but (the game)'s suddenly been placed in total perspective for us; I'll finish this, they're in the hurry-up offense.
Gifford: Third down, four. Foreman...it'll be fourth down. Cavanaugh will let it run down for one final attempt, he'll let the seconds tick off to give Miami no opportunity whatsoever. (whistle blows) Timeout is called with three seconds remaining, John Smith is on the line. And I don't care what's on the line, Howard, you have got to say what we know in the booth.
Cosell: Yes, we have to say it. Remember this is just a football game, no matter who wins or loses. An unspeakable tragedy confirmed to us by ABC News in New York City: John Lennon, outside of his apartment building on the West Side of New York City. The most famous perhaps, of all of The Beatles, shot twice in the back, rushed to Roosevelt Hospital, dead on arrival. Hard to go back to the game after that news flash, which, in duty bound, we have to take. Frank?
Gifford: (after a pause) Indeed, it is.