Sandy Concert in MSG

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Anybody else catching this tonite? Some cool stuff! Townshend has the windmill workin'...

Dave :D

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I saw a lot of it - kind of dragged in the beginning, and some artists I "skipped", but in general a great event, and they collected some much needed funds for everyone.

My favorite line: Mick Jagger - "This must be the most old English gentlemen gathered together...in Madison Square Garden!".

But no one told McCartney he's old - what a rockin' version of "Helter Skelter"! And playing a new song ("Cut Me Some Slack") with ex-Nirvana members - what was that? Paul played some kind of electric cigar box slide guitar. That may have been the hardest rocking song of the night.

walrus

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Anything from Fuse is blocked in the USA, zelja... Copyrights!

walrus

Jeff Haddad

Reaction score
I thought the "tribute" of sorts to Keith Moon during 'Busboy' touching, with a salute from Roger at the end. My son and I were wondering why they bothered to edit the f-word - instead of a 7 second delay, the delayed the edit by 7 seconds it seemed. Not like you didn't know it was there in 'Who Are You?' And Pete should wear a longer shirt when he windmills! They still rock though.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Also, why bother with the F-word, when they let the BS-word in "Money" go, and several "rude" words in Adam Sandler's "performance" go...

walrus