MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM NEWSY LAND.

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Just want to wish all my mates, and Darryl, on the forum, a blissy Chrissy to you, and your families and friends.

Have a great one guys. It's an old farts Chrissy at home for the Coasties this year, nothing at all planned.

Enjoy your families and friends, they're very precious possessions.

I'll hoist one or two sherbets to you all on the big day.

Your mate, Coastie.

Reaction score
Blues Up!

They say that suicide and attempted suicide rates soar at Christmas time - more so than any other holiday. THEY (whoever THEY are) say that more people feel depression at Christmas time than at any other time of the year.

Last night - for absolutely NO reason - I found myself feeling a bit blue. I mean - how stupid can that be? I'm married to an absolutely exquisitely beautiful woman (inside and out) who is a great singer/songwriter and plays a Guild M-20 - and on Friday we're celebrating our 22nd anniversary. I mean, that alone should be cause for jubiliation that anyone at all has stuck with ME that long. I have a gorgeous and smart daughter with a wonderfully kind and love-giving heart who is just before turning 16 and a straight-A student at a pretty tough academic school. I am in a band whose music I absolutely love and is in its 18th year. I'm 52 and still playing as much as I want and our 10 CDs are all selling well...and the list just goes on and on and on.

So, why the blues? No, it wasn't because NCIS was a rerun, because the episode of House just after was good. We have enough to eat, a roof over our heads, bills generally met, and some friends. I mean, I have NOTHING to complain about (except that I'm fat and falling apart occasionally, but that's to be expected). So why the blues? Why the holiday dispondency?

Well, there just is no rhyme or reason for it. So, I found my way into the study and pulled down my G-37 and noodled through a few instrumentals, then sang a chorus or two. O - o...then I remembered this song in C that I LOVE on the 12-string. So, I pulled down 'Betty' - my favorite F112 and banged away at a Jimmie Spheeris tune and then 'Come the Fall' by Terry Kirkman of the Association. Wow! I hadn't played that in a couple of months. Then, I swapped out for one of my GF25s and played through several traditional songs and then a song off the new album and I could hear my wife singing along from the kitchen table, where she was wrapping presents. So, I went in there and played through a rousing chorus or two.

Then, I felt better. So, I went to my bedroom and it was cool and quiet and the lights were low. Time for bed...but then, there's that FG25 in open C and it rings SO-O-O- nicely in that room, so I played an old Lovin' Spoonful song (Darlin' Be Home Soon). I hung it up and sat down on the bedside. There's my B-50 in its rack, so I picked it up and thumped a wee while. Ah, well...morning comes early.

I lay back on the bed and daid 'thanks' for so many things - and thanks for these wonderful instruments. So, I'm so thankful for Guild - THE BLUES KILLER - and I wish this peace and happiness on all of you - my friends here at the LTG forum. Special thanks to Don for letting us thrash about here...Merry Christmas to all - have a wonderful new year. ...And God bless you, every one! dbs

Reaction score
:D coastie, same to you mate. Find me a great looking woman for my Chanuka present. I'm lonely. :( You wouldn't want me to really get down & commit hari-kari would you?

On a real note. Happy holidays to all no matter what you believe in. I can't believe it's going to be '07. It was just yesterday I was dropping acid & freaking over the Summer of Love & being a hippie.

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Jake The Loafer said:
On a real note. Happy holidays to all no matter what you believe in.

This reminded me of an IKEA radio ad I heard recently.

"If you celebrate Christmas, IKEA has real 5' Christmas trees for $20.00. If you do not celebrate Christmas, bring the outdoors in with a 5' pine air freshener, also $20.00"

Happy Holidays and a safe one to everybody be you travelling around the planet or just around the corner. Don't do anything too foolish.

Graham

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
DB,
Thanks for reminding us that if nothing else is going right, we still have our Guilds to bring a smile to our faces.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Smitty,

Yep, we are truly blessed aren't we. I still owe you some pictures my friend, haven't forgotten, just been doing other stuff and need to find a better camera.

BTW, keep counting those blessings, they're all over the place. After reading about the deaf, mute girl with the behavioral problems that you introduced to music, I suspect you're one too!

West

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
:lol: :oops: Come on guys, you know what I meant! :( :wink: You guys totally obliterated a very tender moment!

West

Reaction score
I needed that!

West - Sorry for the humour at your expense, my friend - but I REALLY needed that laugh...and the several that followed. A tender moment indeed - sometimes it's being able to smile despite the circumstance that makes the brightest light. Thanks...truly! dbs

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
And my altar-echo wants to wish Melvin, Murphy, Zeke and Dasha, and all our animal friends a Merry Christmas.

[IMG:600:800]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e82/coastie99/IMG_0589_1.jpg[/img]

[IMG:470:640]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e82/coastie99/IMG_223.jpg[/img]

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Coastie et al,

And a happy new year to you all. We all know that Coastie will have a very happy new year thanks to his anatomically correct pink panther.