Guild J30-12 serial consistancy

nlake

Reaction score
This is my first post, so be gentle please :wink:

Since I bought my first higher-end acoustic, a Martin, about a year ago, I've been steadily building up severe GAS for a Guild 12 string. I now have my eyes on a nice JF30-12, but I have a question about the serial. The label reads JF30-12 BLO and the serial is JF3013xx.

Now if I look at the lists of serials, this would make this particular guitar a 1992 JF30 rather than a JF30-12 since those should have a serial starting with JF2xxxxx for that particular period, or not? It certainly looks legit. Is this a common thing?

Thanks,
Will

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
nlake said:
This is my first post, so be gentle please :wink:

Since I bought my first higher-end acoustic, a Martin, about a year ago, I've been steadily building up severe GAS for a Guild 12 string. I now have my eyes on a nice JF30-12, but I have a question about the serial. The label reads JF30-12 BLO and the serial is JF3013xx.

Now if I look at the lists of serials, this would make this particular guitar a 1992 JF30 rather than a JF30-12 since those should have a serial starting with JF2xxxxx for that particular period, or not? It certainly looks legit. Is this a common thing?

Thanks,
Will

Hello Will,

The numbers on the official Guild serial number list are seriously lacking and incomplete.
The JF-30-12 with ser. # JF3013XX you're looking at is from 1992 as well. I know the list says these are numbers for the JF-30 but during this particular period these are the numbers for the JF-30-12 as well. It's not the same series though. The JF-30-12 has it's own, but somewhere there is a JF-30 with the same serial number floating around. Very confusing!

Hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
http://www.guitarsgalore.nl

nlake

Reaction score
Hi Hans,

Thanks for the info. I already thought as much, but I'm new to all things Guild.
Regards (en groeten ;) )
Will