Jetstar Dearmond

thomaxe

Reaction score
I'm so mad...don't you hate when people wait the last second to go outbid you on ebay??
Why don't they play it fair?
I received a message telling me I was outbid but didnt even get a chance to bid more because whoever won it waited the very last minute to outbid me...
So there goes my chance to get the EXACT model (color/headstock, etc) I've been looking for for years in MINT/UNPLAYED condition....
great.... :(
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0140664322

mellowgerman

Reaction score
aw man that's really a bummer. that same thing has happened to me several times. my best ebaying advice is to be one of those people that waits until the last minute or just set your maximum bid really high

matsickma

Reaction score
A few years ago VH1 was selling off the remaining lot of DeArmond Jetstars and Jetstar Bass guitars. Basically VH1 had a charable program called "Save the Music" where they used the proceeds from selling Jetstars as part of the fund raising. I had assumed MusiciansFriend or someone likt that donated the stock of DeArmonds. I found out about it very late. I wanted a Red Jetstar but all were gone except the Blue ones. They were selling for $169 each so I bought 6 of them and sold thm off on ebay for 150% to 200% profit. I eventually picked up a Red Jetstar in excellent condition and still own that guitar today.

Also at this time they had a boat load of Jetstar Bass's of all colors. They were selling them for $199 each. At the time and historically the JS basses did not sell as well or for as high a $ as the Jetstars. I eventually considered going back and buying a few Jetstar Basses but VH1 was no longer offering the guitars or basses. Now I know the guitars were near sold out when I was buying them but the basses were no where near sold out. So I beleive their may still be a significant number of NOS DeA Jetstar Basses of all colors (Red Trasnsparent, Black, Tyrillian Purple and Moon Blue) still floating around out there. I recommend you start by contacting VH1 Save the Music for a clue on where the last DeA basses went.

One other point...The Korean version has the setneck and assymetric headstock with the cool Thunderbird logo, the neck is chunky and is a 30 inch scale. I owned a Black one and it came stock with flat wound strings. If you find out where they went let me know...I would like a red one too. Note: NOS JS Bass cases are still available from The Bass Place in Arizona. Pilot basses also fit in this case.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DeArmond-Fender...286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:4|65:10|39:1|240:1318

Good Luck,

M

thomaxe

Reaction score
Thanks for the info about VH1, I'll try getting in touch.
I can't believe they were selling all of these for cheap! I wish I had known back then...
I've seen the bass on ebay/craigslist once in a while, but usually not in the color I want (red/burgundy) or not with the headstock/setneck I want (korean one), or with scratches and dents...
I wish I had put a higher bid on this one, but with my luck I had bought another guitar (craigslist) that very same day before seeing the bass!!
And guess what, the guitar I bought is the Dearmond Jetstar..Korean..red with black pickguard...I bought it to make it up for the fact I couldnt find the bass...and the same day the bass pops up, unplayed...crap!!
I'm still glad I'm about to receive the guitar today...but extremely frustrated about not getting the bass.
Thanks for the tip