Guild mandolin

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Terry Allan Hall said:
Several months ago, someone posted a pic of what may have been the only Guild mandolin ever made..anyone have that pic? TIA

Hello Terry,

Actually, a few prototypes were built and there's a picture of one of those in The Guild Guitar Book on page 166.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

Reaction score
Rep. o' Tejas, somewhere b'twixt Mexico and the Ne
capnjuan said:
Hi Terry; LTG search string for the word 'mandolin'

http://letstalkguild.com/phpBB2/search. ... s=mandolin

I checked the last 5 months of so of posts ... didn't see any pics but I could have missed it. CJ

I'm trying to remember when I read about it here...possibly it was more like 18-24 months ago, I really can't remember.

Looked like a cool little instrument, though...seems like it was a two-pointer and kinda had a "D'Angelico" vibe to it.

Had the pic in my files, but that was prior to getting one mama of a virus, which wiped out all my files. :cry:

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Terry Allan Hall said:
... Had the pic in my files, but that was prior to getting one mama of a virus, which wiped out all my files. :cry:
Hi Terry ... I'd rather get a neck re-set on a guitar than put up with the headaches that viruses cause ... :twisted:

Reaction score
capnjuan said:
Terry Allan Hall said:
... Had the pic in my files, but that was prior to getting one mama of a virus, which wiped out all my files. :cry:
Hi Terry ... I'd rather get a neck re-set on a guitar than put up with the headaches that viruses cause ... :twisted:

It was a bad one, too...ate right through the Norton Virus Guard! :shock:

And, while I'm basically against the death penalty, for Sh*theads who create viruses, I might make an exception! :evil:

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Terry Allan Hall said:
It was a bad one, too...ate right through the Norton Virus Guard!...
Once in behind, they lay there for a while before firing up. At that point, Norton and some other anti-crap applications can't see them. I gave up on Norton because it didn't work very well and it didn't play nice in the sandbox. Before I finally dumped it, I had gotten into occasionally removing it and re-installing it and was always dismayed at the crud that got by it. Norton ... too much money, slowed the system down, and did too little good ... I got cooties anyway. TrendMicro PC Cillin, AVG, others ... good results, less hassle and less money.

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I had a shot at buying this one but I let it go!

I forget what they wanted for it, but it was up there!

Mando-1.jpg

Mando-3.jpg

Mando-2.jpg

Mando-4.jpg

Mando-5.jpg

Reaction score
capnjuan said:
Terry Allan Hall said:
It was a bad one, too...ate right through the Norton Virus Guard!...
Once in behind, they lay there for a while before firing up. At that point, Norton and some other anti-crap applications can't see them. I gave up on Norton because it didn't work very well and it didn't play nice in the sandbox. Before I finally dumped it, I had gotten into occasionally removing it and re-installing it and was always dismayed at the crud that got by it. Norton ... too much money, slowed the system down, and did too little good ... I got cooties anyway. TrendMicro PC Cillin, AVG, others ... good results, less hassle and less money.

AVG is utterly kick*ss...not a problem since I got turned on to it! 8)

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Terry Allan Hall said:
AVG is utterly kick*ss...not a problem since I got turned on to it! 8)
8) That's what I use too. I used PC-Cillin for several years until they stopped supporting the Windows 2000 OS; it was effective and not too expensive.

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score