Highly evolved S-100 owners roster

Thunderface

Reaction score
Hello? hello? hello? Is (Thunderface) out there? Just nod if you can hear me. Is there anyone home?

The masses are speaking to me and telling me to get off my *** and get busy updating. So let's see, are there more additions/subtractions I need to make than these?

StarfireXII -- white 77 standard
Phil -- natureboy 74 standard
S-100 -- walnut 73 standard; black 96 reish; cherry 96 reish
Horuss -- green 94 reish

No more:

drc -- S-100less
Qvart -- cherry MIK

Last edited:

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
OK, TF. Add me to the list with my '71 S-100.

side_zpsi5wwcpzm.jpg

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
OK, TF. Add me to the list with my '71 S-100.

side_zpsi5wwcpzm.jpg

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

So you decided to go bad boy on us now?..... What's next? Overdriven leads on heavy metal backing tracks? hmmm? You hooligan! :tongue:

Gorgeous "S" Dave, congrats and welcome to the club!

Last edited:

S100

Reaction score
Guild Total
That's probably the finest (condition) S-100 I've ever seen. I like the s-300 I got from Nevets, but I kinda regret not snatching that one.

cobascis

Reaction score
Unfortunately I need to sell this one, but its mine! I'm trying to track down some OG pickups for it.

efnnej5luxarnvayqdur.jpg

Mick6Strings

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Mick6Strings here, its been a while! I've another one to add to the list- I acquired another left handed S-100, its a '73.
I'm in the process of getting it back to its original look, it came with non original Witch hat knobs, I sourced some original Guild knobs for it and I'm getting rid of the Dimarzio pickups, I'll install a pair of Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB & SH-1N 59’ pickups with some vintage chrome HB-1 covers on them. It also needs new pickup rings so I bought some great quality HB-1 reproduction ones from reproguitarparts.com

And a photo of my 2000 S-100 that's already on the list-

Last edited:

GuildedCage

Reaction score
Guild Total
Hi everyone, Mick6Strings here, its been a while! I've another one to add to the list- I acquired another left handed S-100, its a '73. I'm in the process of getting it back closer to its original look, I got some original Guild knobs for it and I'm getting rid of the Dimarzio pickups, I'll install a pair of Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB & SH-1N 59’ pickups with some vintage chrome HB-1 covers on them.

And a photo of my 2000 S-100 that's already on the list-

From one Lefty to another, that is one fine looking axe! I found a couple lefty Guild guitars but I have never come across a S-100! I considered a Newark St. model but I was really bummed out when I realized the overseas produced Guilds aren't offered in Southpaw configuration. (The superior configuration :wink:)

Mick6Strings

Reaction score
Thanks GuildedCage! Yeah left handed S-100's are super rare! I got the '00 from a Canadian Seller, I think it was a custom order and it hadn't been played much when I got it and its in excellent condition.
I found the '73 on Ebay recently from a UK seller, its a player, lots of wear, dings,dents and some lacquer cracks, and it really needs a refret. Once I've got it restored I'll post photos and maybe do a detailed '73 vs '00 comparison. The most noticeable difference between them is that the '73 is alot lighter, it also has a slightly slimmer neck, and the bevels look better on the '73 I think. Yeah its a shame Guild are not making the Newark St. S-100 in a left handed version, I'm sure lots of Southpaws would buy them.

Last edited:

S100

Reaction score
Guild Total
Let me bump this for our recent S-100 acquisitions.

nibs208

Reaction score
It's been awhile since I've been around these parts. Last week the whole website was giving me 404 errors for every page. Glad to see things are up and running again. The '73 that I owned is no longer with me. Was a few years of regretting getting rid of it but diligently checked eBay and Reverb everyday and it paid off this month. Turns out I ended up buying two. Ones not here so I'll post pics when both are in my hands.

mountainpix

Reaction score
Among guitars that I've owned and sold, I can't say there are many that I've missed and regretted selling, but there is one for sure: a cherry-red 1996 reissue Guild S-100. Despite having been one of my favorites to play for quite a while, I sold it about ten years ago when I had a few other double humbucker guitars that I was more excited about, and more guitars than I needed to "cover the bases" musically.
Today, some of those other guitars are gone, but the S-100 is back, this time in black. It's another 1996 reissue, complete with an Icelandic Vegvísir symbol on the pickguard (I don't normally like stickers on guitars, but this seems to fit the guitar's character somehow). Though the look is different, the guitar plays and sounds identical to my old one – that is, brilliantly. I just love it.
By the way, I considered picking up a vintage original-run S-100 instead, but I've found that I strongly prefer the wider fingerboards on the 1990s reissues over the narrower 1970s models.
The Vegvísir, by the way (Icelandic for “That which shows the way"), is a symbol thought by some to have Viking origins, which states that, “If this sign is carried, one will never lose one’s way in storms or bad weather, even when the way is not known.”
I'm glad this guitar found its way home.

IMG_5019.jpg

nibs208

Reaction score
My love of Guild S-100s started in 2011, when I took a chance and purchased a 1973 in cherry that was a bit haggard off eBay. I had never played one but I took the leap of faith and ended up loving the guitar. I mostly a bass player so I ended up trading the guitar away for a Custom Shop Jazz Bass a couple years later. Here's a thread I started about the guitar way back in 2011.

http://letstalkguild.com/ltg/showthread.php?168056-1973-Guild-s-100

I don't have that bass anymore and I only think about it when I think about how "I shouldn't have gotten rid of that S100." Years go by and I had the opportunity to buy the same guitar on two different occasions. Neither time was I able to get my ducks in a row and buy it back. Alas, the search for a suitable replacement continued. from 2014 un til this past month I checked eBay and Reverb almost everyday. Hoping for a Green S100, or some other S100 who's vibe or price struck my fancy. Late September 2019 rolls around and a "1975" White S100 shows up on Reverb. I had to jump on it. It's actually the same guitar that user StarfireXII posted in this thread two pages back. I did source period correct black pickguard for it as I'm not really a fan of the clear ones. The shop advertised it as a 1975 but StarfireXII stated here its a "76/77" and the serial number indicated 1976. Any help with this?

Then a week after I get the white one, a green 90's reissue popped up and I had to jump on it. The original pickups aren't there and the pickup rings are cracked but I'm in the process of getting new rings and correct pickups for it from Hans. This guitar is sweet. It's been played but sounds great as is. Turns out the serial number is FB000009 and dated "12-6-93 JT" in the control cavity. Here's an album with some pictures of both guitars, though mot of them are of the green reissue. I happen to work in a guitar shop in Seattle that was given some Soundgarden platinum records back in the day so I had to take the opportunity to take some pictures of m guitars with the records. Sorry for the somewhat boring story.

https://imgur.com/a/aAjGXga

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Late September 2019 rolls around and a "1975" White S100 shows up on Reverb. I had to jump on it. It's actually the same guitar that user StarfireXII posted in this thread two pages back. I did source period correct black pickguard for it as I'm not really a fan of the clear ones. The shop advertised it as a 1975 but StarfireXII stated here its a "76/77" and the serial number indicated 1976. Any help with this?
Without the s/n, and subject to errors, this might be "good enough":
http://guildguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/history_of_your_guild.pdf
Since the '70's only show the total s/n range by year, there's not as much room for error as we know occurs in other periods with model number confusion and even omission.
When absolute certainty's required, Hans is still our go-to guy.

Sorry for the somewhat boring story.

No, not at all, some of us kinda dig seeing history unfold right here in our own forum with "lost" guitars being found again.
Others may never have heard of the Soundgarden/S-100 connection.
It's all good.
:smile:

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Late September 2019 rolls around and a "1975" White S100 shows up on Reverb. I had to jump on it. It's actually the same guitar that user StarfireXII posted in this thread two pages back. I did source period correct black pickguard for it as I'm not really a fan of the clear ones. The shop advertised it as a 1975 but StarfireXII stated here its a "76/77" and the serial number indicated 1976. Any help with this?

From what I can see in the photos I would think this particular S-100 has a serial number in the # 14xxxx-range. Is that correct?

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl