Highly evolved S-100 owners roster

Thunderface

Reaction score
GFoo, we started the list at the redesigned 1970models because that's the ones everyone really seemed to aspire to get, and there weren't a lot of Polara S-100 owners. I think our numbers bear us out, especially when you consider they've reissued the S-100 twice now (in 1993 because of the popularity of Mr. S-100, Kim Thayil, and with the Newark Street S-100s). Plus the Polaras and the 1970-onward S-100s are different animals.

S100

Reaction score
Guild Total
I hope to join this elite club someday. These are such beautiful guitars.

Reaction score
Hey fellas. It's been a while since I posted here. My poor '97 S-100 RI needs a lot of work done to be playable again. It needs a re-fret and the nut needs to be replaced as well. A shame, really, to have it sit in its case.
Anyhow, I contacted a luthier here in my state and he quoted $423.00 for the above mention work. I've never had to send in a guitar for repairs before. I guess the answer that I'm looking for is, does the asking price fall within reason?... the other option that I'm considering (even though I hate to) is to just sell it outright and find another guitar.

Los Angeles

Reaction score
Guild Total
DG, you'll probably get more attention to your question if you start a new thread. That said, If the shop has a good reputation and good turn-around time, $423 ain't so bad, and is about $100-$150 less than the "good" shops here in LA.

Reaction score
I was referred to this guy from another shop at Anchorage. He also makes his own line of guitars.
http://www.guitarfittings.com/index.html

I talked to him over the phone earlier and he mentioned that it'll take at least three weeks for repairs.
He seemed like an honest enough guy so I think I'll just ship my guitar to his shop. I want my Guild to be in top form again.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey fellas. It's been a while since I posted here. My poor '97 S-100 RI needs a lot of work done to be playable again. It needs a re-fret and the nut needs to be replaced as well. A shame, really, to have it sit in its case.
Anyhow, I contacted a luthier here in my state and he quoted $423.00 for the above mention work. I've never had to send in a guitar for repairs before. I guess the answer that I'm looking for is, does the asking price fall within reason?... the other option that I'm considering (even though I hate to) is to just sell it outright and find another guitar.

Sounds more than fair to me. I paid $360 to have my SF III refretted.

Los Angeles

Reaction score
Guild Total
StarfireXII, for a lot of people, you hold the holiest of holy grails.

S-100.jpg

StarfireXII

Reaction score
One Starfire XII is quite adequate-I already do not play the one I own enough! I need to get this S-100 set up with heavier strings: it really sounds great through my Hiwatt DR-103. No breaks but it does have a blemish at the headstock region from the off gassing of a wall hanger. I had never seen a white one, so I was totally psyched when I first saw it. Had choice between it or an ash bodied S-300 with HB-1 pickups-that guitar was pretty cool too, but the S-100 won out.

Phil

Reaction score
I've a natural S100 from 1974... imported from the usa last year.