Guild dread bracing #2

Reaction score
Looking inside one of my dreads, it looks to me that the Block brace is actually fitted with a Tongue and Groove joint to the Neck Block. As opposed to just butting it up.

~nw

plaidseason

Reaction score
Nigel Wickwire said:
Looking inside one of my dreads, it looks to me that the Block brace is actually fitted with a Tongue and Groove joint to the Neck Block. As opposed to just butting it up.

~nw

I always considered it to be part of the neck block (and not a brace per se).

-Chris

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Nigel Wickwire said:
Looking inside one of my dreads, it looks to me that the Block brace is actually fitted with a Tongue and Groove joint to the Neck Block. As opposed to just butting it up.~nw
You're right! I missed that... looked at three of mine, and they all have a tongue and groove to the neckblock proper. Had to get my mirror over to the side more to see it.
plaidseason said:
I always considered it to be part of the neck block (and not a brace per se). -Chris
Perhaps it should... since it is jointed into the neckblock proper. Just noting the difference from my older dreads... D

chazmo

Super Moderator
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Was hoping to add to your thread, but the pictures I have of the G-312 internals don't show the top in the area you're studying. Interesting stuff. Next time I have the strings off I'll take better pix.