DV-52 Lifer has to go

yoffer

Reaction score
Well after much thought the guitar I was certain I would never part with has to go.

The reason - Im currently stuck in a job I hate but have a sideline that is doing OK and given some investment could provide a fullltime income, unfortunately after exhausting other methods of raising funds I'm still short of this investment, unless I part with my DV-52. So after only a year with this fantastic guitar I have to put things into perspective and do whats right for my family and myself.

Fortunately its not all bad news, this guitar has won many admirers here in the UK but none moreso than the buyer which is my Dad, a Martin man through and through, until he played my guild, (his words " thats all guitar you need") so at least I will get the chance to play it occasionly, in fact I have a feeling I'm going to be seeing my Dad more regularly than ever now.

Hopefully this difficult decision will prove worthwhile and I hope to be contacting you folks in the near future in search of another DV-52 or similiar Guild Guitar.

Gutted

Jase

kdavid

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Yoffer:
Im sorry thing have been down for you. i can feel your pain, as i've also had to let a couple 'lifers' go also in the past couple years.
i'll say a prayer for you, friend.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
As a fellow DV-52 owner, I feel your pain. But how nice that your dad is still around to make music with! I hope you do end up spending more time with him :D

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Keeping it in the family.....that's great....and nice to get a nod from the 'old man' about one of your major choices in life.... :D :D Steffan

plaidseason

Reaction score
I always like this one:

"One doesn't discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time." - Andre Gide

And when you're a man on a Arthurian quest, you can't let material things get in your way. God speed.

And I look forward to hearing about that new guitar when you plans come to fruition.

-Chris

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yeah, adorshki, now he'll probably only let him borrow one of the Martins! :lol:

yoffer

Reaction score
Old thread alert (and forum member)�� I got the new business off the ground and brought my dv-52 back, delighted doesn't come close, my dads ok too, but he's got the guild bug bad, he's had to get himself a d55 ����

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Nice! Seven years later for the happy ending to the story! Congratulations!

walrus

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I love happy endings. Hallmark might make a movie based on your 7 year lease. Great story!

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Awesome News, Congrats on your endeavors and getting your DV52 back. Not many people can say they were able to get back the one that got away. Also big congrats to your Dad on the purchase of a D55, Hard to go wrong with that decision. Cool ending to a cool story in my opinion.

TX

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
I love a story with a happy ending! Looking back where your Dad said "This is all the guitar you'll ever need." That's what I said when I bought my DV-52! And true to form, I haven't needed a new one since then, about 15 years now. Of course "need" and "want" are two entirely different things...

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
This is a good surprise! I was wondering how this necrotic old thread showed up, and now I know why!! Congrats on the RE-acquisition of your DV!! Thanks for the update! :encouragement: