First Post S-100 info

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I haven't been on the forum in a while and just saw the thread got new life!

Yes, I still have the guitar but I am still thinking of selling it. It's just so tough to let such a rare bird go, you know?

-Jon

Qvart

Reaction score
Thunderface said:
Sorry to dredge up a ghost post, but I wonder if he ever decided to sell this one? Just curious is all ... we are talkin' a white S-100 here. :wink:

batman300.jpg

(Although I'm guilty of it too :lol: )

Thunderface

Reaction score
Jon,

I can certainly understand you want wanting to part with it. But if, by chance, you do decide to sell it, I think you'll find a long line of LTGers who will want to buy it. Just remember to...

LTGKeep.jpg

blakeley311

Reaction score
Thunderface said:
Welcome Jon. As you can see, most of the frequent S-100 posters have come out of the mahogany woodwork on this one. While it is true that every band needs a drummer, this forum can always use another S-100 owner. Unless you have a pressing financial need to sell it, I'd recommend keeping it, because as soon as it goes away, you'll regret it ... Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life.

Don't believe me? Just look at former S-100 owner iloveilsa ...

Casaguild.jpg
I am a testament to this! This was THAT guitar in my life...

Thunderface

Reaction score
Great avatar, B-311. To quote iloveilsa, "I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship" between you and your newly acquired white S-100. :wink:

tumblr_m0eomeodjw1rpkfcko1_500.jpg

blakeley311

Reaction score
Thanks! She is a beauty. Tell you what's NOT cool. Went to put on a strap lock button and the rear strap button was "plugged" into the guitar. There's a 3/8" hole and the button has a shaft/anchor (wedge shaped) that goes in. Is this standard on the later RIs? My '94 has a normal screw that goes into the body. Had I not Gorilla Glued it in I would snap a picture or two.

blakeley311

Reaction score
yeah it's definitely a metal version of what would typically be an endpin for an acoustic. Not sure if they came that way or not because the patina matches the rest of the hardware. It was on there when I owned it as evidenced by old fotos I dug up. Hmmm. Hans, did they ever have large-bore end pins on electrics?

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
blakeley311 said:
yeah it's definitely a metal version of what would typically be an endpin for an acoustic. Not sure if they came that way or not because the patina matches the rest of the hardware. It was on there when I owned it as evidenced by old fotos I dug up. Hmmm. Hans, did they ever have large-bore end pins on electrics?

Yes, that's the way they did it on some of the solid bodies since the '70s.
At some point they also used a similar metal endpin but with a hole drilled all the way through it and a long thin screw to fasten it more secure than just the wedging action of the tapered pin. I got some of those pins when I went through the leftover parts in the Westerly factory after they closed in 2001 but I'm not 100% sure if they were used in production or that they just had 'm in stock for guitars in which the endpin turned out to be too loose.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl